diy solar

diy solar

Review my 48V off-grid plan for expedition truck

tmstr

Sorry I couldn’t find any mega thread for reviews so I’m making new thread. If there is such thread, please point me to right direction, thanks!

Background: I’m building a future mobile home / expedition truck based on MB Atego. There’s two of us and we’re both working full-time remotely so we need lots of power storage. We’ll be mainly in southern europe so lack of sunlight is not a problem. Also I want to do everything without gas.

My request: can you help me valuate my schematics? This doesn’t account for cable sizing but everything else should be there.

I want to do fairly simple and clean install and that’s why I’ve chosen Easysolar for the hub of the system.

Final installation will be made by pros as the law requires it but for the plan itself do I have everything in place? Is there any changes you would suggest?

Thanks in advance! ?

DF58B57E-0742-43BB-9482-F004EE9A835E.jpeg

Is there a reason you chose your array as 2P2S? It usually makes more sense in terms of keeping the amps down and shading to have 2S2P arrangement.

Everything else looks pretty standard. Nice equipment list!

Is there a reason you chose your array as 2P2S? It usually makes more sense in terms of keeping the amps down and shading to have 2S2P arrangement.

Everything else looks pretty standard. Nice equipment list!
Ahaa! Haven’t done enough research and studying for array options. I just know that I need to make them series & parallel but didn’t think of the order. Thanks for the tip! ?

Back