diy solar

diy solar

Review of Cerrnss LiFePo4 48V100ah battery modules

hello Vito,
very nice description! Thank you for your help! I decide to buy from that Co.
Can you tell us wich brand is your inverter? looks nice
Thanks!
Solis (Ginlong). The manual says they work with several other brands also.

Hi Vito, thank you for your detailed answer and video.
I have a question.
With my own installation I want to supply all my power back during the 'expensive' times and recharge the batteries during the hours of sunshine. Can you also supply back to the power grid at your desired times?
and if so does the inverter do that or do you use something extra?

Hi Vito, thank you for your detailed answer and video.
I have a question.
With my own installation I want to supply all my power back during the 'expensive' times and recharge the batteries during the hours of sunshine. Can you also supply back to the power grid at your desired times?
and if so does the inverter do that or do you use something extra?
Sorry for late reply, just saw this. Yes, the Solis inverter has different operating modes you can select. The hierarchy of priority for Self Mode Use (the one I have) is to supply energy the house load first (I think this is what you mean by expensive times??), then comes charging the battery with any surplus energy, then comes export to the grid. When the battery is exporting is never to the grid and always to the house (when needed, e.g at night or when PV is not supplying enough energy). There is also a mode where you prioritize surplus export to the grid if you get paid for export, instead than battery recharging. There are also times you can program where the battery charges and when not from the grid. There are many options including off grid mode. Download the manual for a Solis RHI hybrid inverter and look it up. Too many options to describe here.

No, your link refers to a wind turbine company which has nothing to do with this thread. Blackie was referring to the Solis inverter.
Yes, you're right, nothig with Solis on that link. I decide to buy Sacolar Sunforce-BP 5000 - off grid inverter. It's same as Growatt SPF5000-es. I like Deye hibrid inverter but for that I must have licence, project and all administration S...ts here in Croatia...

before shipping I organised a 3rd party independent inspection by SGS, a certification body that does such inspections on the Alibaba platform for an extra cost (180 USD). As they are independent, this is the way to go if you are spending serious money on it (I spent 3,684 USD on the batteries including 1,100 USD of shipping costs to Europe in April 2022). Before the batteries were fully built and completed an inspector went and inspected the factory and the batteries in a day. I had specific questions for him such as to make sure that the cells used in the batteries were new, testing the actual voltage and amperage of the batteries, among a long list of other questions.
The inspector got most of the factory workers to get together and to wire 32 of these batteries in parallel since that was one of the advertised specifications. The seller complied although it was a mighty job since every battery weight nearly 50 kg/100 lb and most of them were already packaged for shipping to various customers. However, everything worked out fine and the inspector was shown the results of the 32 strong parallel connection. I can sympathise with the seller after having received the batteries and having installed them in the garage - they are very heavy, no doubts there.
If you can provide further info about how to schedule such SGS inspection - contact information etc, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

If you can provide further info about how to schedule such SGS inspection - contact information etc, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
The audit option it's at the end of the purchase process on Alibaba. Once paid for it they will email you and you can arrange specific questions for the audit etc.

The audit option it's at the end of the purchase process on Alibaba. Once paid for it they will email you and you can arrange specific questions for the audit etc.
on any purchase on Alibaba? Or only for this company? I did order recently from ALibaba and saw no audit options

on any purchase on Alibaba? Or only for this company? I did order recently from ALibaba and saw no audit options
Not sure. That's the only purchase I ever made on Alibaba. It may be that above a certain cost the option becomes available.

I have to say, that's one of the most bizarre options I've ever heard of from an end customer standpoint. It's almost like you are a company wanting to sell them on amazon or something, and they are the ODM for you, making it to your specs.

Makes perfect sense to me. Would you want to spend thousands on an order from China with no check or quality reassurance whatsoever? SGS does all sorts of audits. This is just an additional type they do on behalf of Alibaba customers. I think it's a great service.

Makes perfect sense to me. Would you want to spend thousands on an order from China with no check or quality reassurance whatsoever? SGS does all sorts of audits. This is just an additional type they do on behalf of Alibaba customers. I think it's a great service.

I didn't say it wasn't a good service, merely that it's a weird service to offer a regular retail type customer. As a retail customer I expect a product that is properly manufactured to the necessary industry quality levels. As a reseller/rebadger of a product, I could certainly see wanting to check on the company manufacturing the product for me. Is that what Alibaba is purporting to be? A go between for resellers and ODM's?

I didn't say it wasn't a good service, merely that it's a weird service to offer a regular retail type customer. As a retail customer I expect a product that is properly manufactured to the necessary industry quality levels. As a reseller/rebadger of a product, I could certainly see wanting to check on the company manufacturing the product for me. Is that what Alibaba is purporting to be? A go between for resellers and ODM's?
buying on Alibaba you act like an enterpreneur, no like a consumer. They have no consumer standards

Hi Vito,
I have also bought same batteries from CERRNSS and same as you no Manuel and startup codes. I cannot contact through PayPal and aliexpress.
Could you please send me any CERRNSS contact details you have, it would be appreciated. My email is …. pacificl@bigpond.net.au
Cheers,
Mike.

Hi Vito,
I have also bought same batteries from CERRNSS and same as you no Manuel and startup codes. I cannot contact through PayPal and aliexpress.
Could you please send me any CERRNSS contact details you have, it would be appreciated. My email is …. pacificl@bigpond.net.au
Cheers,
Mike.
Haven't you bought the batteries through Alibaba? If so contact them though that platform. Staff is super helpful. They will help you set it up. I speak with them through Alibaba.

If you are thinking of buying some well-priced lifepo4 batteries from a Chinese supplier I would recommend the Cerrnss lifepo4 batteries from Shenzhen Hyuan International Trade Co., Ltd. Once again, a video of the battery system wired and installed can be viewed at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QntgW8-gBySf5jelZFA_VTKpJhtjFFYj/view?usp=sharing
Saw your video and read your excellent review on Cerrnss batteries. Really appreciate you sharing your experience.

A documented review by a DIY member means so much more than the hype and reviews that you see posted by the manufacturer. I need to buy batteries, so I have been doing a DIY Solar Forum search for additional information on various brands to help me make a decision.

Hi there- I got one of these batteries recently but I don’t know which way to set the dip switches (only one battery at the moment). Perhaps you know @Vito - I’m using a Solis inverter like you too.

Last edited:
Hi there- I got one of these batteries recently but I don’t know which way to set the dip switches (only one battery at the moment). Perhaps you know @Vito - I’m using a Solis inverter like you too.
Ask them for the manual and or set them up in the same way I have set them up in the video. If you have only one then that is the master battery. My master is the first battery ( the one further away from the wall).

Back