diy solar

diy solar

Review of EVE 280K cells purchased from Shenzhen Oneier Technology Co.,Ltd

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
I needed qty 16 EVE 280K cells in a rush and my normal supplier was out of stock at their US warehouse. Searched on Alibaba and found Shenzhen Oneier Technology Co advertising Grade "A" Eve 280K cells with stock in US warehouse. I reached out and was contacted by Lucia Luo. She was responsive and answered my questions quickly/efficiently. We discussed their definition of Grade A and was satisfied with the response.

I was in a rush and without a lot of options so took a chance and placed the order. Within 2 days I had received FedEx tracking numbers and 8 boxes (2 cells/box) where on the way to me from warehouse in LA area.

My order arrived today (a little over a week from placing order). Cells were well packed, 2 cells per box with surrounded by foam packing. 2 bus bars/4 nuts came in each box of 2 cells.

I unpacked all 16 cells, no apparent damage, all looked new, unsoiled with QR codes intact. I scanned the QR codes on all batteries and was pleased to find all were authentic EVE 280K cells all manufactured on 4/15/2022 on the same production line. (See list of QR code reads below)

Tested voltages and all cells where 3.294 =/- .001 (one outlier at 3.297).

Capacity Test; Charge to 3.65; discharge 40A CC to 2.5V (25% sample; 4 cells out of 16 tested)

AhrsWhrs
Cell 1
285.8​
922.31​
Cell 2
279.5​
899.88​
Cell 3
284.2​
914.94​
Cell 4
281.1​
907.55​

Voltage Slump; 40A-2 minutes. (50% sample; 8 cells out of 16 tested)
Cell 1Cell 2Cell 3Cell 4Cell 5Cell 6Cell 7Cell 8
Total Sag (V)
0.059​
0.065​
0.059​
0.058​
0.067​
0.058​
0.058​
0.058​
1 sec Sag (V)
0.021​
0.025​
0.021​
0.021​
0.024​
0.021​
0.021​
0.02​
1 Sec mV/A
0.525​
0.625​
0.525​
0.525​
0.6​
0.525​
0.525​
0.5​
1665410883549.png
View attachment 115783
Some photos below along with contact info for Lucia Luo/Shenzhen Oneier Technology Co.,Ltd

Email: lucia@fulljion.com
Mobile/Whatsapp:+8613430114577

Attachments

• 1664334596696.png
    1664334596696.png
    885.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 1664334641234.png
    1664334641234.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • 1664334699557.png
    1664334699557.png
    804.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 1664334738263.png
    1664334738263.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 1664334957926.png
    1664334957926.png
    53 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Can you please provide the price break down?
Free shipping from US warehouse?
Looking forward to your capacity testing.
Thanks!

Can you please provide the price break down?
Free shipping from US warehouse?
Same price as other vendors with US warehouse I have purchased from and shipping was included in price. Better pricing if you have the time to await shipment from China but hard to beat a 1 week delivery time. Lucia would no doubt be happy to provide quotes.

So these were manufactured right before Eve started labeling non EV cells as grade B on the QR code.

Good luck and glad to know of another US supplier with US stock.

Same price as other vendors with US warehouse I have purchased from and shipping was included in price. Better pricing if you have the time to await shipment from China but hard to beat a 1 week delivery time. Lucia would no doubt be happy to provide quotes.
Why are you avoiding answering the question? Price break down please.....

I needed qty 16 EVE 280K cells in a rush and my normal supplier was out of stock at their US warehouse. Searched on Alibaba and found Shenzhen Oneier Technology Co advertising Grade "A" Eve 280K cells with stock in US warehouse. I reached out and was contacted by Lucia Luo. She was responsive and answered my questions quickly/efficiently. We discussed their definition of Grade A and was satisfied with the response.

I was in a rush and without a lot of options so took a chance and placed the order. Within 2 days I had received FedEx tracking numbers and 8 boxes (2 cells/box) where on the way to me from warehouse in LA area.

My order arrived today (a little over a week from placing order). Cells were well packed, 2 cells per box with surrounded by foam packing. 2 bus bars/4 nuts came in each box of 2 cells.

I unpacked all 16 cells, no apparent damage, all looked new, unsoiled with QR codes intact. I scanned the QR codes on all batteries and was pleased to find all were authentic EVE 280K cells all manufactured on 4/15/2022 on the same production line. (See list of QR code reads below)

Tested voltages and all cells where 3.294 =/- .001 (one outlier at 3.297). Capacity test to follow but so far I am impressed, the cells I received look as good as any I have received from other suppliers in the past (assuming they pass capacity test) and were recently manufactured by EVE. Some photos below along with contact info for Lucia Luo/Shenzhen Oneier Technology Co.,Ltd

Those QR codes look suspicious, please be brave, peel of the black cover and compare the background color of the QR code to that of the rest of the case, if they appear different I think you just got bamboozled.

Real cells will not have any different background color compared to the rest of the cell.

Look at the pics, I think you got re-lasered cells.
Impressive if true! They would have to laser each cell with a unique number and QR code as each is unique. Perhaps that is something easy to do with the right equipment and line but for the money involved hardly seems worth the effort (I knew there were not A+ cells and paid accordingly) . If they have the ability to do this good a job perhaps counterfeit bills are next, that is where the real money is :)

Well good for you for having such a positive attitude about it. I would be ???

Another reason why I have abandoned ever doing DIY project.

may want to read this thread:

and this post in particular:

Amazing stuff.

So if my cells were manufactured prior to March 22 then I assume no need to go through this effort, just leave the bar code alone; no way to tell if they were A or B. Now resellers have to go through all this to cover over the B even though we have been buying B grade cells all along. Crazy.

Well at least I know they were recently manufactured and not sitting around for a year. I knew by the price I was not getting A+ (automotive) and these don't look used so most likely cells that EVE sold as B, which is what I expected.

Can anyone elaborate on how this is done and the equipment required.

Well here is what I would do, assuming you want to do anything...

1) Contact seller ask for 50% off
2) If they refuse tell them you'll post a review on alibaba or with pictures of the counterfeit QR code
3) Then demand 100% off :devilish:
4) Alibaba always rules in favor of the buyer when you have proof of counterfeit, I bought some Iwata spray guns a few years ago, showed pictures side by side of the manual and other stuff from the real gun vs counterfeit as well as the gun it self. Alibaba gave all my funds back and said I did not have to ship back the item. The spray gun is fine by the way, I still use it.

Okay, got my curiosity going. I took a 8X magnifying lens and looked at all 16 QR codes. All are positioned exactly the same position on the background metal. Under the lens there is no apparent edge (ie no sticker unless its super thin) . The writing is clearly made by tiny little indents in the metal and these indentations reflect the light differently from the polished metal with no indentations. The "color: difference appears to come from different reflectivity of polished verses indent material.

So I checked with another cell I recently received which has a manufacture date of about a year ago. The QR code is position exactly in the same position on the polished metal as the ones in question but there is a difference. On the older one the area which is not covered by writing, symbols, QR symbol is polished, on the newer one the area beneath the QR code is not polished.

Perhaps this is because it was re lasered, or perhaps EVE changed how it lasers the QR code. I don't know. I should mention that the QR code apps reads the newer QR codes (not polished beneath the entire QR code area) much easier (100% success rate) than the older ones.

1) Contact seller ask for 50% off
2) If they refuse tell them you'll post a review on alibaba or with pictures of the counterfeit QR code
3) Then demand 100% off :devilish:
4) Alibaba always rules in favor of the buyer when you have proof of counterfeit, I bought some Iwata spray guns a few years ago, showed pictures side by side of the manual and other stuff from the real gun vs counterfeit as well as the gun it self. Alibaba gave all my funds back and said I did not have to ship back the item. The spray gun is fine by the way, I still use it.

No doubt Alibaba would side with me but at this point I don't have the evidence to say its counterfeit, just that it looks different than the older ones I have. Now if the cells fail capacity test that will be another matter.

Tested voltages and all cells where 3.294 =/- .001 (one outlier at 3.297). Capacity test to follow but so far I am impressed, the cells I received look as good as any I have received from other suppliers in the past (assuming they pass capacity test) and were recently manufactured by EVE. Some photos below along with contact info for Lucia Luo/Shenzhen Oneier Technology Co.,Ltd

Excel is well made, but re-lasered cells. That is irony.

Back