diy solar

diy solar

Review of EVE LF280 cells from Docan Technology

mos6510

As a new person to LiFePO4 cells, I have been visiting this site for a while and learning what I can. I recently saw the forum post by @ghostwriter66 at https://diysolarforum.com/threads/our-new-go-to-lifepo4-vendor-09-20-21.28696.

I decided to give them a try, and contacted @Jenny Wu to inquire about buying cells. She quoted me the same as ghostwriter66 at $147 per cell from the Houston warehouse. I wanted to pay using Paypal with credit card for maximum buy protection and the process was completely smooth.

I made the order on Tuesday, September 21st, and was told I should receive a tracking number within 1-2 days. By the next day, she sent me the tracking numbers with UPS and it was already out the door. I just received the packages today, Saturday, September 25th. I live in South Florida, and this was a UPS ground shipment from Texas. I have never seen something sent that quick! Even through the logistic issues of driver shortages that seem to be going on everywhere.

I just assembled the 4 cells into series with an Overkill 4S BMS and have begun charging. Soon as that is finished, I will top balance and run tests on each cell to be sure of the capacity. The cells came in perfect condition, no buldges, no marks indicating prior use. Each cell had their manufacturer caps and were packed very well in two cells per box. I don't think there will be any issues with capacity, but I will test anyway.

PXL_20210925_203244532_resize.jpg

PXL_20210925_203512889_resize.jpg

PXL_20210925_205749419_resize.jpg

PXL_20210925_205800527_resize.jpg

I will update later with the test results.

I just ordered 16 cells from their China warehouse, i wanted the new 6000 cycle LF280K cells, and although it takes 50 days to arrive, they are only $100 each and I'm not in a rush.
Great to hear your feedback that they arrived in good condition. Please post your test results ASAP.

I just ordered 16 cells from their China warehouse, i wanted the new 6000 cycle LF280K cells, and although it takes 50 days to arrive, they are only $100 each and I'm not in a rush.
Great to hear your feedback that they arrived in good condition. Please post your test results ASAP.
Was that $100 each including shipping? This included shipping costs, except for Paypal fee.

Took quite a while, but I have some testing numbers.
Cell 1: 284.54 Ah
Cell 2: 284.79 Ah
Cell 3: 283.13 Ah
Cell 4: 283.70 Ah

The cells were charged in series with a BMS up to 14.4v, then reconnected in parallel and absorbed at 3.6v. Each cell was discharged individually using a 20A tester down to 2.6v and recorded. Might have been able to squeeze out a little more if I charged higher and discharged lower, but I want to keep these cells as healthy as possible.

Overall I am really happy with the performance. Definitely a recommended supplier!

I just got done with a 72 hour top balance on a 12v 4c, I put a 23amp load and ran them down to about 50% soc. They was never more than .006 difference between the cells.

1634834581505.png

That's about what I'm seeing too. I'm still discharging slower after the last top balance and initially I was seeing about a .006v difference but once it got under 3.4v per cell it's been around 0-0.001v difference. It's holding quite well!

As a new person to LiFePO4 cells, I have been visiting this site for a while and learning what I can. I recently saw the forum post by @ghostwriter66 at https://diysolarforum.com/threads/our-new-go-to-lifepo4-vendor-09-20-21.28696.

I decided to give them a try, and contacted @Jenny Wu to inquire about buying cells. She quoted me the same as ghostwriter66 at $147 per cell from the Houston warehouse. I wanted to pay using Paypal with credit card for maximum buy protection and the process was completely smooth.

I made the order on Tuesday, September 21st, and was told I should receive a tracking number within 1-2 days. By the next day, she sent me the tracking numbers with UPS and it was already out the door. I just received the packages today, Saturday, September 25th. I live in South Florida, and this was a UPS ground shipment from Texas. I have never seen something sent that quick! Even through the logistic issues of driver shortages that seem to be going on everywhere.

I just assembled the 4 cells into series with an Overkill 4S BMS and have begun charging. Soon as that is finished, I will top balance and run tests on each cell to be sure of the capacity. The cells came in perfect condition, no buldges, no marks indicating prior use. Each cell had their manufacturer caps and were packed very well in two cells per box. I don't think there will be any issues with capacity, but I will test anyway.

View attachment 66340

View attachment 66341

View attachment 66342

View attachment 66343

I will update later with the test results.
Wow to new info about LiFePO4 supply from within the USA. ... Plus those battery sides look straight without bulges. Is this the new LF280K version? Wonder if the spec sheets recommends compression for further life cycles?, ... and if so, when flexible bus bars will become an easy option. Looking forward to examining the spec data sheet for registering these new options in my bio-computer brain.

Back