diy solar

diy solar

Review of my 3.4kWh system schematics

stronkk

Hello everyone,

first I would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing all your knowledge. I have learned a lot here when I was preparing my setup.

I am planning to build a 12V system with the 280AH cell from Xuba and the Chargery BMS8T. The system will be used in the overlanding rig I am planning and building. The consumers will be a 3000W 230V pure sinus inverter as well as various 12V components (fridge, pumps, lights, chargers). The system will be charged through the starter battery using the Victron Orien-TR-Smart DC-DC charger and around 300Wp of solar panels with the Victron Smart MPPT. There will be separate charge and discharge ports with adequately sized relays.

So with all of that in mind I have drawn the following schematics including wire sizes and fuses. I would be great if anyone of you could provide some feedback on how it looks.

Schaltplan.png

Thanks in advance!

Marc

Last edited:
Before I comment on the schematic, does it have to be a 12V system? Reason for asking is that if you pull anywhere close to 3kW from the battery, you're talking 250A. That's substantial and is going to need a lot of copper.

That's a valid concern. Most of the components I want to use are 12v so that's why I'm going with it. You're right about the size of the cables. The inverter will be very close to the battery with only the relay and fuse in between (max 70cm) so the 70mm2 cables should be sufficient and it's not a crazy amount of copper.

Yikes!!

You really got my attention with a 3400kW system title! I was expecting something massive!!!

I also like a higher voltage (48v) system for a 3 kW inverter with a buck converter for 12v nominal loads.

Back