Review of my purchase from Shenzen Luyuan Technology Co. LTD. Alibaba, Wan Amy,

bryn

Solar Enthusiast
The, "transaction seems a little suspect", has me concerned. Has anyone heard from Amy Wan recently?
yeah i heard from her a couple of days ago, i wouldn't worry about Amy Wan, has a history of providing Grade A new cells

Bluedog225 post, sounds like he was dealing with Amy Zhang from different company.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
The, "transaction seems a little suspect", has me concerned. Has anyone heard from Amy Wan recently?

I chatted with her two weeks ago. I've not seen anything from Amy Wan that is suspect. The other Amy that he is speaking of is shipping from Houston.

All genuine Eve cells come from the factory with test reports (not usually printed out but downloaded). Eve keeps them available for 90 days on their servers, after that just the tested capacity is kept for each serial number. The full test has multiple measurements of the IR during several instances of charge/discharge, so after 90 days only about 20% of that data is kept.
If they don't have the test results, there is a reason. They are available and free.

Yurtdweller

Solar Enthusiast
I want to reiterate that I am totally happy with my purchase from Amy Wan, @Shenzhen Luyuan. She did send detailed test reports. I have not done capacity tests yet, but the cells are performing as expected, compared against my ammeter from Victron(bmv-700). While the cells MAY(?) be sub-standard for EVE, they are reported to deliver over 280 ah. My current use is one 4 cell pack@12v running off-grid solar. Due to the fact I do not have a temp controlled environment, and it's winter here, I have not bothered to perform a capacity test. As I've said, in real world use, the pack seems to be performing properly. The cells are remaining well balanced. The BMS rarely performs balancing operations, and the pack has delivered in excess of 200 ah in normal use. It has never reached cutoff voltage.

Yurtdweller

Solar Enthusiast
I did not know this. It explains why the houston warehouse first said they had no idea what a testing certificate was. And after I explained, they said they could not provide one. Different Amy.

I wonder what the practical impact is of “not making the cut?”

The transaction seems a little suspect now.

Thanks Steve!
Blue dog, it is unclear, and causing some confusion on this topic. When you said, "The transaction seems a little suspect now", were you referring to the Houston-based cell broker? I have chatted with the Houston-based broker, but have not purchased from her, but your comment is confusing people. Please clarify your comment. Thanks.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
I want to reiterate that I am totally happy with my purchase from Amy Wan, @Shenzhen Luyuan. She did send detailed test reports. I have not done capacity tests yet, but the cells are performing as expected, compared against my ammeter from Victron(bmv-700). While the cells MAY(?) be sub-standard for EVE, they are reported to deliver over 280 ah. My current use is one 4 cell pack@12v running off-grid solar. Due to the fact I do not have a temp controlled environment, and it's winter here, I have not bothered to perform a capacity test. As I've said, in real world use, the pack seems to be performing properly. The cells are remaining well balanced. The BMS rarely performs balancing operations, and the pack has delivered in excess of 200 ah in normal use. It has never reached cutoff voltage.
If you received detailed test reports, they are normal cells from Eve.
The serial number in the test reports can be verified by matching the bar code on the cells with the reports.

If a vendor doesn't have the reports for cells they are selling, they likely purchased from a third party rather than from Eve.
It could be the third party got a deal and didn't think the test reports are important. It could also be that the third party received a substantial discount by purchasing cells that didn't meet specs, and thus don't have a test report. Maybe the original purchaser bought more than they needed, or the project was canceled, who knows?

You will find that all legitimate cells with test reports behave exactly as expected. Capacity is at least what is stated, voltages through the range remain in sync (no active balancer necessary), and no surprises. That's because that is what they are testing with those reports.

Bluedog225

Texas
Blue dog, it is unclear, and causing some confusion on this topic. When you said, "The transaction seems a little suspect now", were you referring to the Houston-based cell broker? I have chatted with the Houston-based broker, but have not purchased from her, but your comment is confusing people. Please clarify your comment. Thanks.
No much to explain. I thought a reputable battery vendor would know what a testing certificate is. That’s it. Maybe that’s not a reasonable assumption.

The houston folks seem to have lots of happy customers.