diy solar

diy solar

Review of my purchase from Shenzen Luyuan Technology Co. LTD. Alibaba, Wan Amy,

And the plot thickens. FedEx finally let me know that they cancel shipping requests after 3mo if no request to pick up is made. IF my package is in the states they said the shipper has to recreate an "airway bill" for them to pick up. the old tracking number goes nowhere. I know way too much about shipping at this moment.
I can tell you that Aliexpress has problems too.

Saturday, the post office said a package would be delivered. It wasn't.
Aliexpress said it was delivered.
Wednesday, tracking said it had arrived at customs.
It was delivered, and I had to sign for it (I was at the mailbox since Aliexpress said again it was delivered, but no notice from the post office, I had to follow the mailman back to my house to sign for it).
I almost never have to sign for anything, since there are large locking boxes for parcels and the mailman (mail person?) just puts the key in the regular mailbox.

Of course, I could blame it on a lot of people, companies, and databases, but generally speaking, it's just messed up.

Blaming Amy for shipping problems is just silly. People want the cheapest shipping possible, so you are partly to blame when a cheap shipper is used. There are more expensive and better tracking options available, just ask Amy BEFORE you get a quote. This (even though I quoted you above) is not aimed at anyone in particular.

Last edited:
I can tell you that Aliexpress has problems too.

Saturday, the post office said a package would be delivered. It wasn't.
Aliexpress said it was delivered.
Wednesday, tracking said it had arrived at customs.
It was delivered, and I had to sign for it (I was at the mailbox since Aliexpress said again it was delivered, but no notice from the post office, I had to follow the mailman back to my house to sign for it).
I almost never have to sign for anything, since there are large locking boxes for parcels and the mailman (mail person?) just puts the key in the regular mailbox.

Of course, I could blame it on a lot of people, companies, and databases, but generally speaking, it's just messed up.

Blaming Amy for shipping problems is just silly. People want the cheapest shipping possible, so you are partly to blame when a cheap shipper is used. There are more expensive and better tracking options available, just ask Amy BEFORE you get a quote. This (even though I quoted you above) is not aimed at anyone in particular.
Didn't take it aimed at anyone. I agree that the system is seriously F'ed right now and that has nothing to do with the suppliers or the shippers. I would say it's not the consumer's job to ask for a better shipper, always. If someone says to me it will come by FedEx I would assume that's pretty good. If someone said we have competitive shipping rates but if you would like we can charge you more and you will have a better view of your product traveling I would say cool how much. That's just a good salesperson. I also don't purchase things and have them shipped across the sea so have no idea of all the different ins and outs. That's what we are all here for! I still think Amy is great and, at the end of the day, will work out and I got a killer price. I am holding Amy, kindly, accountable, and putting pressure on her to follow through and not just taking someone's word for it. I do feel that is the supplier's job. I do agree the shipper sucking is not her fault.

Side note how I figured this all out is I cold-called like 4 different FEDEX warehouses in CA around the shipping terminal and just finally got the right person to tell me what I needed. I ended up in Texas somehow at the end of it. I told the person that I would come find them and give them a hug if this was the issue.

Got a shipment from Amy. One cell was damaged. Tried to contact and no response. They are in China and have zero support and apparently they can ignore you after they get your money.
I'm switching to USA suppliers now. No more China. What am I to do ? Fly there with a team of lawyers to her apartment? Plus they are in bed with Putin and I believe sanctions are going to hit soon on all imports.
This sounds a bit "un"-Amy Wan from Luyuan, to be honest... (there are/were several Amy's offering cells here). How and when did you try to contact? As the Alibaba chat has always been answered within 1-2 days in my experience?

Got a shipment from Amy. One cell was damaged. Tried to contact and no response. They are in China and have zero support and apparently they can ignore you after they get your money.
I'm switching to USA suppliers now. No more China. What am I to do ? Fly there with a team of lawyers to her apartment? Plus they are in bed with Putin and I believe sanctions are going to hit soon on all imports.
Did you check if maybe China has different holidays than the USA? Chinese new year should just be over now, how long ago did you report the problem?

The Chinese government may be "in bed with Putin", but the average citizen in China has very limited knowledge of the truth. It's called the great firewall, the Chinese government put it in place to restrict anything they don't like. I suspect the western response may be giving the Chinese government second thoughts, but I'm no more informed than you are.

As an FYI, good luck finding any LFP cells not manufactured in China. That is likely to change soon, but that is more because the LFP patents expire in April of 2022. Somehow China was excluded from LFP patent enforcement long ago (the only caveat is they must be for domestic Chinese consumption).

Frankly, I'm surprised, Amy packages cells very well, it would take some significant effort to damage one, and it would very much show on the box. Were you there to sign for them? Especially if damaged, the shipping company likes to just drop things off without a signature.

I signed for them. Why are you asking me all these questions? I was just reporting my experience. China is still Communist, state sponsored and on a vengeance to destroy the USA economy and doing a good job at it. Are you Communist too?
I'm just wondering why you signed for damaged cells.

I've ordered from Amy three times and had a very different experience. Does that make you communist?
Amy has nothing to do with the policies of the Chinese government.

box was sealed. Leave me alone.
Mine were sealed as well:IMG_20220312_115955591.jpg
IMG_20220312_115610073.jpg

But they did not look like this (JBD BMS package)

IMG_20211107_171706801.jpg

So I'm curious how yours were damaged. It takes some pretty significant force to damage cells packed like this, the box must have shown significant damage. Care to share pictures?

FYI, my having a different experience does not make me a "communist". Deflection is an interesting thing, but sometimes it just doesn't work well and makes things suspect.

Sadly they pretty much all come from China, it's just a matter of dealing with them directly, or paying the markup to someone else that delt with them directly. I get where you're coming from though...

John_B, I find it very hard to believe that a cell was damaged with the way Amy has her cells packed, my cells were packed the same as Just John.

The box would have had be to be completely destroyed and you wouldn't have signed for it, if it wasn't packed like the picture like Just John, are you sure you ordered through Amy Wan

If you have such an issue with China, why did you order the cells from China and not go with a USA cell distributor?

Any cells I ordered from Amy were packed the same way, 20 boxes with large foam on the outside and only 2 cells per box plus double boxed. I did mention to her the outer box does get ripped and they should look into some heavier cardboard and she would look into it.

Compare that to the cells I sourced from Basen, 4 cells in a box, padding was 1/2 the thickness. Those weren't damaged either, however considering 4 in about the same size box with 1/2 the padding thickness, it would have been more susceptible to damage.

Are these the cells you are selling?

Mine were sealed as well:View attachment 87067
View attachment 87069

But they did not look like this (JBD BMS package)

View attachment 87070

So I'm curious how yours were damaged. It takes some pretty significant force to damage cells packed like this, the box must have shown significant damage. Care to share pictures?

FYI, my having a different experience does not make me a "communist". Deflection is an interesting thing, but sometimes it just doesn't work well and makes things suspect.
Thanks for trying Just John. People be people. :poop:

@John_B don’t leave comments here if you don’t want to contribute. We all are open minded about individual results and truly want to understand if there is a problem. If there is then we can either all work together to fix it or let everyone make there own educated decisions on how to move forward. If you want to vent then vent in a thread that says, “I want to vent about Putin and communism and my bad battery” and you will have a hoot of a time in it. If you want to get stuff done, learn something and help people out that are in the same boat as you then, this is the place.

@John_B don’t leave comments here if you don’t want to contribute. We all are open minded about individual results and truly want to understand if there is a problem. If there is then we can either all work together to fix it or let everyone make there own educated decisions on how to move forward. If you want to vent then vent in a thread that says, “I want to vent about Putin and communism and my bad battery” and you will have a hoot of a time in it. If you want to get stuff done, learn something and help people out that are in the same boat as you then, this is the place.
I asked Amy a short while ago while getting a quote (she has a nice battery box for 16 of the EVE 105AH cells) and she hasn't been contacted.
Something is strange, perhaps he contacted the wrong Amy?
It seems he is selling the cells as "good condition" as well (I could be misunderstanding that part). Not exactly a lot of information to go on.

I asked Amy a short while ago while getting a quote (she has a nice battery box for 16 of the EVE 105AH cells) and she hasn't been contacted.
Something is strange, perhaps he contacted the wrong Amy?
It seems he is selling the cells as "good condition" as well (I could be misunderstanding that part). Not exactly a lot of information to go on.
Don't know if people saw but all of Shenzhen got shut down for the week for Covid. I don't know how many more things can jump in the way for me. It's comical at this point. Just rolling with it.

Don't know if people saw but all of Shenzhen got shut down for the week for Covid. I don't know how many more things can jump in the way for me. It's comical at this point. Just rolling with it.
Yes, Amy did mention that when I was asking for a quote. Said it would be delayed until next week.

Yes, Amy did mention that when I was asking for a quote. Said it would be delayed until next week.
Most of the folks I've contacted for batteries since the weekend have been radio silent. Only Amy W. has returned emails, although the pricing I received on Eve batteries was very high. This additional shutdown will not help pricing, that's for sure.

Most of the folks I've contacted for batteries since the weekend have been radio silent. Only Amy W. has returned emails, although the pricing I received on Eve batteries was very high. This additional shutdown will not help pricing, that's for sure.
This is true, the cells are not getting cheaper. Probably worse if you are paying in rubles, USD is bad enough.

Post a picture of the damaged cell, would be extremely surprised, Luyuan packs cells very well, also are you associated with Solar Supply House ?

Because it never happened :rolleyes:

Because if you posted a picture of a cell that she didn't sell we could easily verify the serial number as she can give us her official spreadsheet with all her serial numbers.

Back