diy solar

diy solar

Rich Solar 200 Watt Kit

elblueduck

I purchased the 200 Watt Rich Solar Kit from the link on the minimalist solar package. I paid 20 bucks more to go ahead and get the 40 Amp controller, not sure if that was a mistake, I also bought the 206ah Sok battery.

I've had it wired up for 3 days now and the battery has never charged above 13.7 volts, I haven't connected the battery monitor yet since I haven't been able to get it to get to full charge of 14.6 . Is there something I should be adjusting in the settings or anything I should be looking for? Do I need to drain it down more before it will finish the charge? The days have been relatively sunny. Besides a few tests to make sure my fuse block and 12 volt plugs worked it hasn't been used much at all. It was at 13.1 at its lowest after tests and its dark here now and it reads 13.4, nothing besides the controller and fuses are connected to the battery.

Let me know if pictures are needed or any other information thanks.

Did you change the settings in the controller for the correct battery type?

Did you change the settings in the controller for the correct battery type?
I believe so. I switched it to LI on the controller. I will attach a picture here.

Attachments

• PXL_20211003_232534104.jpg
    PXL_20211003_232534104.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 5
The "MPPT" showing on the display indicates it is charging as hard as it can. Press the left hand "up" button twice when in full sun to see the current being put into the battery. Depending on the state charge when you started it could easily take 20 hours or more of full sun to replenish the battery. Are your panels in series or parallel? Your lithium setting should bring the battery to 14.4 volts. Being the 40a model is of no consequence in your case-just allows you to add more panels in the future. Here is a link to a similar controllers manual....(just might be the manufacturer)

MPPT-Solar-Charge-Controller-ML2420-Instructions.pdf

The "MPPT" showing on the display indicates it is charging as hard as it can. Press the left hand "up" button twice when in full sun to see the current being put into the battery. Depending on the state charge when you started it could easily take 20 hours or more of full sun to replenish the battery. Are your panels in series or parallel? Your lithium setting should bring the battery to 14.4 volts. Being the 40a model is of no consequence in your case-just allows you to add more panels in the future. Here is a link to a similar controllers manual....(just might be the manufacturer)

MPPT-Solar-Charge-Controller-ML2420-Instructions.pdf

Full morning sun has them at 19 volts, ill check periodically today and see what that number does. I guess I have no way of knowing the state of charge when it arrived. Does the 13.4 tell me anything about the state of charge currently? It pops up to 13.7 pretty quickly but just stays there until it stops charging overnight and drops down to 13.4. I hadn't planned on buying a shore charger but maybe I should to get it to full the first time and between trips.

Back