diy solar

diy solar

Rich solar kit

Rodrigo75

Would you consider this a good kit? Looks fair priced based on past videos where you reviewed their products.​

I'm matching this with 300amp/hrs of SOK Lithium batteries

800 WATT SOLAR KIT WITH 40A MPPT CONTROLLER​

$1120

Package Includes

• 4 x 200 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel
  • 1 x 40A MPPT Solar Charge Controller
  • 1 x Bluetooth Module
  • 1 x 20' #10 Gauge Solar Extension Cable (Red), Pre-assembled Female Connector (between solar panel to controller)
  • 1 x 20' #10 Gauge Solar Extension Cable (Black), Pre-assembled Male Connector (between solar panel to controller)
  • 1 x 10' #10 Gauge Wire (Red), Pre-assembled Battery Lug (between controller to battery)
  • 1 x 10' #10 Gauge Wire (Black), Pre-assembled Battery Lug (between controller to battery)
  • 4 x Mounting Z Brackets (one set of 4)
  • 1 x 20A Inline Fuse Holder with Fuse

Last edited:
Wouldn't a 50a cc be better with 800w? I actually saw 704w on my 720w array (tilted), but still the op could be leaving 10a plus on the table.....

Wouldn't a 50a cc be better with 800w? I actually saw 704w on my 720w array (tilted), but still the op could be leaving 10a plus on the table.....
I was actually thinking about that 'cause will recommends 80a cc to receive the full 60a the system can give. It's just that the 80a cc is very pricy

I just helped a neighbor put together a system of larger capacity for <400$

4 250W grid-tie panels 220$
1 40A Epever controller 135$
50ft of cabling 20$

I think you are far better off just buying the electronics on-line, and shopping for panels locally. I bought him the panels from a local Craigslist seller. It was for a 24V system with four Trojan L-16 batteries. I bought some for myself to. Just loaded them onto the back of my truck and drove home. Shipping all that glass is very expensive.

Are you using this for a 12V system, or 24V?

40A charger at 12 to 15V is 480W to 600W
At 24 to 30V, 960 to 1200W

With 800W (STC) of panels you would lose a relatively large percentage of available production when used with 12V battery.
(not so much if you orient some panels towards the sun at different times of the day, which reduces peak but spread out production over more hours.)

For the total price range you're looking at, truck shipment of a pallet would be reasonable. (save a bit by picking up at a local truck depot rather than getting home delivery.) Check out the deals SanTan has on used panels, also charge controllers and other system components.

They have some kits, or assemble your own:

Batteries too.

Are you using this for a 12V system, or 24V?

40A charger at 12 to 15V is 480W to 600W
At 24 to 30V, 960 to 1200W

With 800W (STC) of panels you would lose a relatively large percentage of available production when used with 12V battery.
(not so much if you orient some panels towards the sun at different times of the day, which reduces peak but spread out production over more hours.)

For the total price range you're looking at, truck shipment of a pallet would be reasonable. (save a bit by picking up at a local truck depot rather than getting home delivery.) Check out the deals SanTan has on used panels, also charge controllers and other system components.

They have some kits, or assemble your own:

Batteries too.
Using at 12v...im having most of my equip on 12v, so I better stay simple. I know nothing about this, so I dont wanna creat.another issue w getting my 48 ready for 12v appliances, pumps, etc

Using at 12v...im having most of my equip on 12v, so I better stay simple. I know nothing about this, so I dont wanna creat.another issue w getting my 48 ready for 12v appliances, pumps, etc

If this is to be mounted on a vehicle, then selecting panels according to how they will fit could be key to producing as much power as you can.

Panels don't need to be "12V". Using an MPPT controller, 24V or higher PV panels will be downconverted to charge the 12V battery. You can get bargains on the higher voltage panels.
300 Ah of lithium battery - should be no problem with any reasonable PV array size so no worries about max charge current.

Would you consider this a good kit? Looks fair priced based on past videos where you reviewed their products.​

$1120

Package Includes

• 1 x Bluetooth Module
  • 1 x 20' #10 Gauge Solar Extension Cable (Red), Pre-assembled Female Connector (between solar panel to controller)
  • 1 x 20' #10 Gauge Solar Extension Cable (Black), Pre-assembled Male Connector (between solar panel to controller)
  • 1 x 10' #10 Gauge Wire (Red), Pre-assembled Battery Lug (between controller to battery)
  • 1 x 10' #10 Gauge Wire (Black), Pre-assembled Battery Lug (between controller to battery)
Hi I joined after seeing this thread..This is the kit I got also. I added another identical 40a charge controller kit for another $300...I've taken this route since an 80a controller is so inexplicably expensive, 2x40a= 80a. split the system to 1 battery bank of 400ah lithium, to a 4000w inverter/charger. Here's my unfinished layout plans, just waiting for the batteries to be delivered and ironing out the rest of the build

If anyone here reading this can share their knowledge of what I may need to complete this, it would be much appreciated!

edit- My bad, I meant a split system dividing all the way down to the inverter, meaning split even the 400ah battery bank into 2 200ah!

Attachments

• 161575201796282252.jpg
    161575201796282252.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 19

$1120

Package Includes

• 1 x Bluetooth Module
Price wise it's good, for a 12v system you really need a bigger charge controller.
Will really likes the Rich solar panels, and they are priced about $200 each.
That package is good for a 24v system, but you need at least a 50% larger SCC for 12v (or two SCC).

Back