diy solar

diy solar

Riden 6006 bench power hack

What I have set is max voltage delivered from the device at 3.65. It isn't measuring the open circuit voltage?

Sounds like I can just let that run and it will be safe because it will never exceed 3.65.

The device is measuring the voltage as it responds to current. Open circuit voltage has no more current flowing than is needed to actually measure the voltage.

Last edited:
What I have set is max voltage delivered from the device at 3.65. It isn't measuring the open circuit voltage?

Sounds like I can just let that run and it will be safe because it will never exceed 3.65.
With the Riden you can set your volts to 3.65 and your over voltage protection to 3.70 volts and set the current. Then connect your cables. Last press the button on the right hand side to start charging.

With the Riden you can set your volts to 3.65 and your over voltage protection to 3.70 volts and set the current. Then connect your cables. Last press the button on the right hand side to start charging.
Yep. That's basically what I did

So I let the 8p packs run with the 3.65v set and they are both now nicely sitting 3.65v open circuit. The reading when I stoped the last one was 0.047A so the battery charging mode on the 6006 would not have turned off yet but it seems clear this was safe to do on a large-ish pack with infrequent checking.

I don't want to set constant current with a higher voltage right. Seems like the CV set to 3.65 is the safest path?
If you use the center terminal and set to 3.65 volts, it will know it is a battery and automatically shut down when current going in drops to .1 amps. It will also tell you how many amp hours it put in, very nice for batteries.

Will 10mA ever be reached for a bigger pack? I thought I read that at 3.65v that lfp will continue to take a bit of current an you don't want to leave it with a 3.65v source attached.
I know on my Riden 12 and 18 amp supplies, cells charging will indeed shut down when less than .1 amp is going in, and it works very well. My cells usually settle to about 3.55 volts after about 24 hours.

If you use the center terminal and set to 3.65 volts, it will know it is a battery and automatically shut down when current going in drops to .1 amps. It will also tell you how many amp hours it put in, very nice for batteries.
Just a small bit of info, the Riden 06 cuts off at 10ma's and this is also noted in the manual.

Back