diy solar

diy solar

RJ Energy(CRJ Technology Limited)

Boony

Has anyone had any experience with or tested the 100A 12V LifePo4 batteries from RJ Energy(CRJ Technology Limited) out of China?

Do you know the outcome? Are they a quality battery?
Did you read the threads? If you want the opinion of this anonymous poster on the Internet I would say they are worth considering. I haven't tried them yet but I have tried others with sucess after reading other threads.

I have 4 of their batteries but am having issues with my Aims inverter/charger. It inverts fine but doesn't charge correctly so I haven't been able to test them properly. I am installing 2600 watts of panels this weekend and will be able to charge them off of my controller. I should be able to test after that. I was hoping to find someone that had evaluated this particular battery already. I am wanting to order more and as they come from China and it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get them

Well there are 4 full pages of information about them linked above.

Give it a try.

Reading is FUNdamental as they say.

Last edited:
Thank you, I actually read several of the reviews since I posted last and have found a lot of positive feed back. I will be testing the 4 batteries I already have vigorously over the next 2 weeks. I have monitors to show solar production, battery levels and inverter draw and usage. I will re-post my findings.

The most balanced and succinct opinion I can give:
1. There aren't a lot of experiences to form an opinion from, but it seems people have generally been mostly happy with the cells they sell (dunno about assembled batteries). This was before any of the issues with honesty came to light.
2. The point person for English language Sales, Carl, is helpful, speaks good english, and seems like a nice guy
3. The company misrepresents themselves and is disingenuous, more so than even other Chinese resellers, and are shady by Western Standards, and, probably Chinese standards too.
4. They do not manufacture the cells they sell, even though they publicly and privately state they do, even when explicitly asked and pushed on the issue. Best guess they sell grey market CATL cells (at least the 271 Ah)
5. Their website, including the about section, pictures, and supposed corporate partnerships and deals, are plagiarized from another companies website. And the certifications they post on their website appear not to be legitimate and are likely forged

All that said, as I said in point number one, people have been not had issues with their cells as far as I know, and my interactions with Carl have been positive (apart from the misrepresentation). I wish they would be honest about their business model / role as a reseller, I had a pretty positive impression of them before learning of the misrepresentation and fraud.

(For the nitty gritty, read page 3-4 of this thread, for a fuller picture, and to watch my impression slowly change from positive to disappointed, read the whole thread)

Last edited:
Back