diy solar

diy solar

Rockpals display blinking

Eastridge1213

I bought the 300w solar generator back in the spring. I didn’t realize the unit would self discharge after I had it. I never plugged it up or used it. Manual said to discharge it fully before charging so I got it out today to cycle it.

it wouldn’t turn on so I plugged it into a wall outlet. The unit is charging but the display is flashing currently. It comes on and shows charging and then turns off again. It went from 8.7v to now 10.3 on just 15 mins.

it currently won’t stay on to run anything while charging.

is the unit damaged or just so low that it needs time to charge?

is there a reset to stop the blinking?

thx

If that unit has a lithium battery, it's probably shot. There's no reason it should be that low of a voltage. I would continue to charge it for a few hours and see if it resolves.

If that unit has a lithium battery, it's probably shot. There's no reason it should be that low of a voltage. I would continue to charge it for a few hours and see if it resolves.
It’s lithium ion, I’m gonna try to revive it. Manual stated it last 2-3 months on full charge. Should have read that before

So I checked on it. Same status when I found it. Unplugged it from the walland the unit turned off. turned the power on to the ac port and display stayed on at 11.0v it ran fine while checking it on a can opener(what I had handy). Showed everything on the display and all the ports seem to be powered. I plugged it back in to fully charge. Must have been where the battery was so low. I’ll continue to monitor it

Rockpals CS called me back. They confirmed that it blinked like that due to an indication that the battery had hit the low voltage setting. Said that it was normal for it to do that while charging.
said to let it charge fully and sit for 30-1 hour so it can reset.

the pack charged to full capacity and stopped. Everything seems to be fine

I'm having the same issue, kept the 300w solar generator in the garage over the winter, never realizing it would fully discharge, plugged it in to charge it & the display started flashing. Hopefully it will fully charge and be good to go, only use it in the summer & otherwise she is stored in the garage.

I'm having the same issue, kept the 300w solar generator in the garage over the winter, never realizing it would fully discharge, plugged it in to charge it & the display started flashing. Hopefully it will fully charge and be good to go, only use it in the summer & otherwise she is stored in the garage.
You should be gtg once it fully charges. Mine blinked most of the time charging up and I unplugged it and it reset itself. I’ve been getting mine out every couple months and topping it off. Usually hasn’t dropped too much by then.

It just stopped blinking & says it's charging at a steady 11.1v now.

Only use this for running a SnowmasterLS35 35L leisure series fridge, plug the rockpals into the AC power outlet in a F150 & then DC to the fridge & in the past it worked great keeping it cold, since we tend to drive daily, have never killed the battery

ATeLEXh.jpg

It just stopped blinking & says it's charging at a steady 11.1v now.

Only use this for running a SnowmasterLS35 35L leisure series fridge, plug the rockpals into the AC power outlet in a F150 & then DC to the fridge & in the past it worked great keeping it cold, since we tend to drive daily, have never killed the battery

ATeLEXh.jpg
What is the peak start up wattage when the compressor turns on. I’m looking for an energy efficient fridge/freezer.

Back