diy solar

diy solar

Roof Mounting-Roof is Crowned

caymaanedge

About to start mounting, but as I lay brackets on the roof I notice a significant crown. Like the mounts have 1/4” gap on one end with the other end flush. I was going to VHB them but now I am thinking I will have to use a couple screws as well to keep mount down.
Thoughts?

Thank you

Use 2 pieces of aluminium angle and 1 nut/bolt to make "rocker adjustable" Z brackets. I use pieces about 4" long and 2 or 3 screws for each. I would not depend on VHB tape or the EPDM roof in that application.
It is much easier to remove the nut/bolt for roof maintenance as well-trying to undo a Z bracket after the fact is near impossible.

Use 2 pieces of aluminium angle and 1 nut/bolt to make "rocker adjustable" Z brackets. I use pieces about 4" long and 2 or 3 screws for each. I would not depend on VHB tape or the EPDM roof in that application.
It is much easier to remove the nut/bolt for roof maintenance as well-trying to undo a Z bracket after the fact is near impossible.
Do you have a photo of what you describe (e.g. - you roof mount system)?

About to start mounting, but as I lay brackets on the roof I notice a significant crown. Like the mounts have 1/4” gap on one end with the other end flush. I was going to VHB them but now I am thinking I will have to use a couple screws as well to keep mount down.
Thoughts?

Thank you
My sprinter has a significant crown, I’m planning still, but I think some super strut rails mounted on the sides, and cross bracing across to give a level base will do it.

Back