diy solar

diy solar

Rookie Solar System needs advice on Fuse Breaker

sunny1972

Hi

I have a fuse sizing question for an EDECOA 12v 3500/7500 inverter that I have connected to a 60A AmpInvt MTTP Solar Charge Controller, my batteries are 2x 750Ah LiFePo4 and I have 1.5 KWh Solar Array connected.

I have seen many installations with a fuse breaker on the positive cable to the inverter and thought, hmmm - I haven't done that....so I figured, let's do this as good practice.

My stumbling block is the inverter has the following DC cable supplied; it's a 16mm2×2 pair, I am thrown off by the fact that it says "pair". On a recent fuse sizing chart I saw that a 60A fuse should be fine for 16mm2 cable, but the pair threw me. The cable does indeed have two cables connected to a terminal, so I am guessing that each is 16mm2.

I would really appreciate your help on this, thanks for reading.

Sunny

and one more showing the full distance from Inverter to MTTP, what baffled me also was the terminal wouldn't fit into the MTTP solar terminal, so I cut the cable and fitted it without the terminal, using electrical tape to tidy up the cable, ideally, I'd like one cable instead of two, but I don't know if this means getting a 32mm2 cable as these cables are said to be 16mm2 (pair):

PXL_20220517_140030652.jpg

Back