diy solar

diy solar

Rosen 48v Solar Powerwall

ProfitBroseph

This is my Rosen sales rep on Alibaba.com app.
$2343 is the current price for a 48v 200ah Rosen powerwall, including shipping to Los Angeles afaik.
Anyone do a capacity test or (even better) tear down one of these?
I know several have purchased but I don’t know if anyone has installed and used one yet.
@Scorch for example.

Attachments

• 2BDD1147-718A-4551-BE83-D4D30EE96DEC.jpeg
    2BDD1147-718A-4551-BE83-D4D30EE96DEC.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 77
Hi I signed up just to say Hi and say that I got 3x Rosen 200a 48v battery a few months back (along with the gear on my bio)
I have set up part of the gear to use it for building site power and It is working better than I was expecting. I will do a tear down of one of the batteries and test it fully once I got some time as I'm entertaining the idea of importing them to sell. The price you got is similar to what I got offered. I will post more once I got some data.

$2343 for a 48V 200Ah beats getting two of the 100Ah server rack batteries that are getting popular.

Looking forward to hearing how they work out for both of you.

Here are the details of my Rosen ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-18-11-21-49-896_com.opera.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-18-11-21-49-896_com.opera.browser.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 54
$2343 is the current price for a 48v 200ah Rosen powerwall, including shipping to Los Angeles afaik.
I know several have purchased but I don’t know if anyone has installed and used one yet.
@Scorch for example.
Rosen rep in this forum mentioned to me that MOQ is 6 PCs, so did you buyed 6 pcs or more or only 1 pc ?

I`ve got a problem with these powerwalls who all claim >6000 cycles. They mostly use 50Ah cells, who cannot reach 6000cycles when reading the specsheets from CATL,EVE,REPT,etc.. Only the LF280K claims 6000cycles in their specsheets.. So 3500cycles -( resting 80%)is likely the case. But that`s not what they say anywhere ? Just >6000 cycles would be possible with cheap b grade cells, but with a resting 20% capacity ?

Are there 50 or 100Amps cell who can do 6000 times with 80% capacity anyways ? If not, all Chinese powerwall are just rubbish.
You would be better of with a 16pcs LF280k cells and a good BMS..but now your not certified...

Update on my system....

I had 6 batteries all installed, and slowly, one after another, they stopped working. I lost about 1 battery every 2-3 weeks. According to Rosen it was caused by bad diodes. They finally sent me all new boards, and they arrived last week (took a few months to get here). it looks like they have the same spec diode as the old ones, but maybe a different manufacturer? took about 15-20 minutes per battery to change out the boards, and they seem to be working fine for now. I'm going to probably replace the diodes in the old boards so I'll have 6 back-ups in case these ones blow.

So fingers crossed that they just had a bad batch of diodes, and these new boards will work.

Update on my system....

I had 6 batteries all installed, and slowly, one after another, they stopped working. I lost about 1 battery every 2-3 weeks. According to Rosen it was caused by bad diodes. They finally sent me all new boards, and they arrived last week (took a few months to get here). it looks like they have the same spec diode as the old ones, but maybe a different manufacturer? took about 15-20 minutes per battery to change out the boards, and they seem to be working fine for now. I'm going to probably replace the diodes in the old boards so I'll have 6 back-ups in case these ones blow.

So fingers crossed that they just had a bad batch of diodes, and these new boards will work.
How have your power walls held up after the diode replacements?

Anyone did see read the warranty ? It says 10yr warranty. Nothing more nothing less.
With this products price you expect some warranty about remaining capacity after a few years.. they do not so that for the most obvious reason...

How have your power walls held up after the diode replacements?
No issues since the replacement. I guess this was a common problem with them. Probably had a bad batch of diodes or maybe they had supply issues during the pandemic and used an undersized one for a short while.

I bought 3x 200ah Rosen batteries one showed up with a weld that had punctured a cell. It took down a whole group (4 batteries). Rosen is quick to reply and have good technical understanding, they said they will send me a new one but their warranty terms is that you got to buy a new (extra) battery to claim the warranty. I was low on liquid cash so sold one battery to cover buying the extra battery and I also ordered 4 cells that I intend to use for repairing the broken one. Everything was running fine for 6 months, then it one day a battery just died.. Rosen was quick to identify that the diode was broken. I asked for a new BMS they said they will send me some new diodes, I asked if this was a common issue and they said about 2 in 1000 .... A few weeks later I get a message from the guy I sold the battery to and it looks like the diode on his battery crapped out to ... I'm going to send him a BMS out of the new batteries I'm expecting. What do you guys think of the warranty terms from Rosen ? Frustrating to have things break . The guys i talk to got lots of technical spec in their head no one intending to trick someone go through the trouble learning such diverse "solar knowledge" or go get the information when they don't know, as have ben the case in dealing with them

I bought 3x 200ah Rosen batteries one showed up with a weld that had punctured a cell. It took down a whole group (4 batteries). Rosen is quick to reply and have good technical understanding, they said they will send me a new one but their warranty terms is that you got to buy a new (extra) battery to claim the warranty. I was low on liquid cash so sold one battery to cover buying the extra battery and I also ordered 4 cells that I intend to use for repairing the broken one. Everything was running fine for 6 months, then it one day a battery just died.. Rosen was quick to identify that the diode was broken. I asked for a new BMS they said they will send me some new diodes, I asked if this was a common issue and they said about 2 in 1000 .... A few weeks later I get a message from the guy I sold the battery to and it looks like the diode on his battery crapped out to ... I'm going to send him a BMS out of the new batteries I'm expecting. What do you guys think of the warranty terms from Rosen ? Frustrating to have things break . The guys i talk to got lots of technical spec in their head no one intending to trick someone go through the trouble learning such diverse "solar knowledge" or go get the information when they don't know, as have ben the case in dealing with them
I had the diode in all 6 of mine fail. They sent me 6 new BMS boards. My experience is that they’ve been fast to respond to WhatsApp chats but then it takes them a long time to actually act on it.

Update on my system....

This sucks for you did you couple these to the deye inverters I cant remember?

This sucks for you did you couple these to the deye inverters I cant remember?
yes... I have 2 8kw deyes, 17kw of panels and 6 200ah batteries.... all hooked up and seems to be running well, but I still dont have HVAC set up (should be this week), so that is when the real test begins.

@Scorch for example.
I was just quoted $2141 each battery with shipping to LA Port.
48v 200AH Powerwall

Attachments

• 4B42FE0A-A5FE-439E-BF80-7119B160D198.jpeg
    4B42FE0A-A5FE-439E-BF80-7119B160D198.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 17
yes... I have 2 8kw deyes, 17kw of panels and 6 200ah batteries.... all hooked up and seems to be running well, but I still dont have HVAC set up (should be this week), so that is when the real test begins.
Did you buy the combiner box from Rosen?

Back