diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Battery with Growatt SPF 5000ES (BMS ERROR)

Pietskiet247

Hi Everyone

I have a Growatt 5000ES inverter with a Rosen 200Ah Lifepo4 battery with BMS.

Rosen shared video that the battery can connect to my inverter via RS485 on setting 36 with L01.

I can only managed to get it communicate with CAN on my inverter on setting 36 with L52.
My problem that I'm facing is the BMS looses communication after or about every 24-36 hours for about 1min.
When loosing the communication the Output Voltage are lost and everything is down for that time period.

Rosen came back to me to say my Inverter have newer firmware and can't connect via RS485.
They can only support RS485 and not CAN.
Strange because I can connect via CAN but there seems to be an issue.

Anyone else have similar issue or anything suggestions I can try.

Rosen said I need to get Inverter that can communicate on RS485 or run battery with USE setting without the BMS.

If I setup the Inverter with USE2 settings the SOC is not displayed correctly on Inverter.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

hi
growatt 5000es can work with CAN and RS485.
i was looking to buy rosen since they told me that it is supported with growat 5000es

The BMS looks like a Seplos BMS.
I am busy trying to get hold of the technical support from Seplos to assist me with a different problem now.

The BMS just died while busy charging with the solar panels.

It does not want to switch on.
I can't see any damages to the circuits on the board.

Hope they can be able to assist me.

Hi Everyone

Rosen shared video that the battery can connect to my inverter via RS485 on setting 36 with L01.

I can only managed to get it communicate with CAN on my inverter on setting 36 with L52.
My problem that I'm facing is the BMS looses communication after or about every 24-36 hours for about 1min.
When loosing the communication the Output Voltage are lost and everything is down for that time period.

Rosen came back to me to say my Inverter have newer firmware and can't connect via RS485.

Rosen said I need to get Inverter that can communicate on RS485 or run battery with USE setting without the BMS.

If I setup the Inverter with USE2 settings the SOC is not displayed correctly on Inverter.

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Hello, we am sorry for the trouble you have caused, but we have not received any feedback from you. If you have any installation and technical problems, please contact us.

+86-18715120034
+86-18156448850

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Hello, we am sorry for the trouble you have caused, but we have not received any feedback from you. If you have any installation and technical problems, please contact us.

+86-18715120034
+86-18156448850

Hi Everyone

Thanks

+86-18715120034
+86-18156448850

+86-18715120034
+86-18156448850
Hi RosenSolar Joe

I have actually spoke since day one when I was having the issue with James and after no reply I contacted Jenny again.

I asked for an engineer to assist but no luck.

Now the BMS is not switching on and since 31 December 2021 no one responded to me again.

At this stage ROSEN does not give support to the clients.

Hi RosenSolar Joe

I have actually spoke since day one when I was having the issue with James and after no reply I contacted Jenny again.

I asked for an engineer to assist but no luck.

Now the BMS is not switching on and since 31 December 2021 no one responded to me again.

At this stage ROSEN does not give support to the clients.
Did you get a resolution to this? Trying to find out which protocol works for Rosen on the Growatt

Did you get a resolution to this? Trying to find out which protocol works for Rosen on the Growatt
Hi, I still have no reply from Rosen Battery Company.
They seems to ignore my messages.

I got hold of SEPLOS the BMS Company.
There were a Diode that failed on the BMS and they assist me to replace it.

After changing the Protocol on the BMS to the Growatt Protocol I managed to connect the BMS and Growatt Inverter.

But within 24Hours it lost the communication to the BMS again.
Same issue still exist.

I have monitored the battery banks voltages and set-up the Inverter on US2 with own settings.
I don't have the advantages of the BMS as I should but at least I have the use of the Battery.

Thanks

Ok, I'm helping a friend set up his Rosen rack mount 200ah 48v battery with his Growatt 6k , but not sure about the protocols and it's the holidays in china so no response expected until after February 10th

Ok, I'm helping a friend set up his Rosen rack mount 200ah 48v battery with his Growatt 6k , but not sure about the protocols and it's the holidays in china so no response expected until after February 10th
I’m having this same exact problem as well. Have you tried L36, 51 or 52 as the protocol with any success?

Hi, I still have no reply from Rosen Battery Company.
They seems to ignore my messages.

I got hold of SEPLOS the BMS Company.
There were a Diode that failed on the BMS and they assist me to replace it.

After changing the Protocol on the BMS to the Growatt Protocol I managed to connect the BMS and Growatt Inverter.

But within 24Hours it lost the communication to the BMS again.
Same issue still exist.

I have monitored the battery banks voltages and set-up the Inverter on US2 with own settings.
I don't have the advantages of the BMS as I should but at least I have the use of the Battery.

Thanks
Do you have an email address or contact info for them ? Seplos? I’m having same issue. Do you also have a diode number for the replacement diode ? Have two bad boards that need to change the diode as well. It like everything just drops on this Chinese New Year period

Do you have an email address or contact info for them ? Seplos? I’m having same issue. Do you also have a diode number for the replacement diode ? Have two bad boards that need to change the diode as well. It like everything just drops on this Chinese New Year period
Seplos will not assist you, as you BMS was purchased through RosenSolar..
if you have any questions, you should be contacting them...

maybe you can purchase a new bms from Seplos as a drop in replacement

Seplos will not assist you, as you BMS was purchased through RosenSolar..
if you have any questions, you should be contacting them...

maybe you can purchase a new bms from Seplos as a drop in replacement
I am in a similar situation growatt/ Rosen batteries . My new system ran well to begin with but battery 2 of three would not charge up fully only making 48 %. System ran fine supplying 230v for several days .Rosen said turn off 1+3 batteries and that brought up 2. All good but then it started to trip out and shut down , this went on for days Risen were very good and I would talk every morning . Latest is all running well last night , drawing power this morning . This is with ALL rs/ can cables removed ! How does that work ?

For Growatt SPF 5000 ES Parameter Group 036 Setting for communicating by 485 or CAN detailes as below:
1. Group 036 --L51 (Growatt CAN)
2. Group 036 --L01 (Growatt RS485)
3. Group 036 --L5* (Other Protocol CAN)
4. Group 036 --L0* (Other Protocol RS485)

Had same issue with Rosen
They tell you it only works if you buy the growatt from them!
I eventually ended buying new batt from EG4

I run growatt and Rosen batteries. Took about two weeks to settle down but I have all communication working well and everything is perfect except for the annoying transformer noise caused from it being an all in one. But they work great and I didn’t buy my Growatt from them. Bought it from Signature solar

I am still suffering shutdown with my Rosen solar system .
Every time the batteries reach 100% both inverters shut down , its really frustrating ,
I cant be away from the units for more than a few hours !
I have to switch off all the panels at the combiner boxes and restart the Growatt inverters to restore mains power .
No matter what settings I use it still shuts down when batteries are full .
I turn off 1 bank of panels to reduce input but this makes no difference
Rosen just ask a lot of questions without actually offering a solution ,
has anyone else had this problem ?

Back