diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Battery with Growatt SPF 5000ES (BMS ERROR)

I’m sure I can help but not understanding the full issue. Need some more info but it sounds like you are overcharging the batteries to an over voltage level which would shut them down as well as the inverter. Which Rosen battery do you have as in the model number? Is it 15c or 16c? Is it power wall penlight AA design batteries or lion ups design batteries inside the unit? Which Growatt are you using? How many panels connected to charge controller. Integrated cc or all in one hybrid? Need to start there

not good for Rosen , they seem not having a good after sale service ?
I have also a Growatt and was looking for a good powerwall, but i m not encouraged for Rosen after this issues !
Please keep us informed to have the fullstory !

I have had this shutdown issue ever since the system was installed .
Many , many conversations with Rosen but never a solution .
There is plenty of power and it runs fine until the batteries are full.
It is fitted at a new house build so usage is tools only , we will move in soon and I am hoping that more demand on the system will keep the batteries at less than full ?
There is a pool pump running 5 hours a day at the moment but the draw is not enough to prevent batteries acheiving full status .
I dont know how many people are reading these Rosen reports , but it can,t do Rosen much good to have their products discussed in a negative way ?

One thing I am considering is to disconnect some of the panels to lower the charge rate
any comments ?

I’m sure I can help but not understanding the full issue. Need some more info but it sounds like you are overcharging the batteries to an over voltage level which would shut them down as well as the inverter. Which Rosen battery do you have as in the model number? Is it 15c or 16c? Is it power wall penlight AA design batteries or lion ups design batteries inside the unit? Which Growatt are you using? How many panels connected to charge controller. Integrated cc or all in one hybrid? Need to start there
There are 3 x Rosen batteries and they don,t shut down , only the inverters do this .
Sorry I dont know if 15/16c ? how can I tell ?
14x 400 watt panels , in 2x strings one to each inverter.
always in full sun , 2x Growatt SPF 5000 /5500 inverters..
Software version 907/909 , not certain of this , I will check today .

There are 3 x Rosen batteries and they don,t shut down , only the inverters do this .
Sorry I dont know if 15/16c ? how can I tell ?
14x 400 watt panels , in 2x strings one to each inverter.
always in full sun , 2x Growatt SPF 5000 /5500 inverters..
Software version 907/909 , not certain of this , I will check today .
Ok what have you set the charging voltages to in setting 19-21? Are you paralleling the two inverters or seperate systems?

1. Can you confirm Meritsun is working fine with Growatt SPF 5000 ES ?
I saw some other opinions in this foum but can't qickly find it !
2. are you from Meritsun: if yes what could be the price for a 10kw DDP to Spain ? But only if question1 is answer is Yes !
tks
I hade a conversation with kenny lee (Meristun) and wanted Just to inform everybody and save your time that the MOQ (Minimum ) is by 6 pcs and so not interessant for most of us as end users !

Das BMS sieht aus wie ein Seplos BMS.
Ich bin damit beschäftigt, den technischen Support von Seplos zu erhalten, um mir jetzt bei einem anderen Problem zu helfen.

Das BMS ist gerade gestorben, während es mit den Sonnenkollektoren aufgeladen wurde.

Es möchte nicht eingeschaltet werden.
Ich kann keine Schäden an den Schaltkreisen auf der Platine sehen.

Ich hoffe, sie können mir helfen. TaTanne
Seplos BMS-Diode 4 defekt

Hello,

I had a Rosen 48V 100Ah powerwall with 16 cells and I could connect the BMS successfully with the Grawatt SPF 5000ES with "03" in the Grawatt setting 36. Here, I had to change the communication protocol of the Rosen into "Growatt" with the help of the Seplos BMS managing software installed on my PC.

Later on, I upgraded the system and replaced the old Rosen 16C powerwall with two 15C Rosen powerwalls (48V 100Ah) and added another Grawatt SPF 5000ES. Before connecting both inverters in parallel, now I'm trying to connect the BMS of one powerwall with one inverter to test the connectivity. But, unfortunately, the new powerwalls have a different BMS and it's not a Seplos. This was confirmed by the Seplos as well. (Please see the picture attached). And obviously, the Seplos BMS managing software does not connect with the battery BMS even though I change the settings.

Moreover, I'm unable to open the case of the powerwall to check the type/model of the BMS as it will void my warranty. But I dought that as in my previous powerwall, I will have to change the BMS settings (communication protocol) to establish a successful communication between the BMS and the inverter.

Has anyone could connect the BMS of the Rosen 15-cell powerwall with the Grawatt SPF 5000ES?

If anyone could help me, that would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• BMS ports of the Powerwall.jpeg
    BMS ports of the Powerwall.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 17
Had same issue with Rosen
They tell you it only works if you buy the growatt from them!
I eventually ended buying new batt from EG4
I bought my Growatt from them and I'm having the same problems. I already replaced the BMS but it's still not working right. I am thinking of using a different kind of BMS because the one in the Rosen battery doesn't seem to be working properly. Any suggestions? I have heard good things about the JK BMS.

I have 15 s Rosen batteries and need to tell the inverter this , it thinks the batteries are 16s , hence the issue

Back