diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

I hate to be the first, but Rosen is on my list for a 24 panel system and 2x 10KW storage batteries shipped to New Zealand.
Hey...not sure if you'll see this reply, but I'm about to order a system from Rosen (16.5kW PV, 30kW battery, Dye inverter stack)...I would be interested to find out how you got on with yours. Cheers, David

Hey...not sure if you'll see this reply, but I'm about to order a system from Rosen (16.5kW PV, 30kW battery, Dye inverter stack)...I would be interested to find out how you got on with yours. Cheers, David
I ended up importing the batteries and inverters myself and did a group buy on a container of panels. Everything has been working well.

I was in contact with Rosen via alibaba. They claimed to have the LXP-LB 12K US in stock and ready to ship air freight for $3250 total.
The photos that were sent have the hinges on the front of the inverter.... I'm waiting to receive a reply to my questions.
They seem sketchy to me so far.
Quick to push a sale, not so quick to reply when questioned.

Everybody be carefull. They sell bullshit things. I realized after the BMS broke up (10 kw powerwall battery) that my battery is only 5KW powerwall battery. They cheat a lot. I bought the battery from Rosen Solar in Dec 2020 and install in my home in march 2021 (2 months on ship)

Out of interest how did you find this out? Would be valuable learning from your experience.

Had an issue with a 200Ah Rosen Powerwall. 1 group of cells loosing capacity : discharge @ 2.7v when other cells still @ 3.2v, charge @ 3.6v when other cells still @ 3.4v.

Took a few days to get in touch with Tech Support but after confirming cells are faulty, Rosen is sending a new Powerwall to my supplier ...

Would have preferred to not have the issue in the first place but they do what should be done.

Last edited:
Been running great for the past 3 months. I've had an issue with an Internal Fault and resolved by reducing the max charge current to 1 volt lower than the BMS was telling the charge controllers to max charge at. 53v instead of 54v. Still charges to 100%.

IMG_1872.jpegScreenshot 2023-10-18 at 2.43.28 PM.png

Back