diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

How did you handle warehousing and loading your container in China?
I was directed to Mega Hugo. It is a Chinese shipping company that was recommended by one of my suppliers. I dealt with a representative named JK. They handled picking up some orders and delivery and storage of everything I purchased. They loaded everything into a 20ft shipping container. They sent me videos and pictures of the process. I was very pleased with the way they handled my stuff,loading and sent up the shipping to me.

Did Mega Hugo handle everything on the import side (customs paperwork, import taxes, etc) such that you could pick it up at a local warehouse?

Hi. I'm interest to buy from Rosen Solar. This is the price offer they do for me for 6 kw off grid system.
The price for the panels seems very nice, I bought similar panels from Yangtze Solar Power and considered the same battery they offered but instead am going with Michael's group. I imported my Growatt inverter from the US, because it is the heart of the system, and if I have any need for support I can get it right away, and I can understand American accents better than Chinese accents. I looked up your inverter from them and it was $792US
For a plug and play system you are doing ok with this.

I hate to be the first, but Rosen is on my list for a 24 panel system and 2x 10KW storage batteries shipped to New Zealand.
My timeline is late 2022, but also seriously considering Rosen - at least for panels and LFP batteries. Seems like everyone was waiting for delivery a year ago then got too busy to say if they were satisfied?

My timeline is late 2022, but also seriously considering Rosen - at least for panels and LFP batteries.
The solar industry changes quickly as pricing and technology changes. I think everything will be different in 2 years by the time you start your purchase. You can just plan your system at a block level.

The solar industry changes quickly as pricing and technology changes. I think everything will be different in 2 years by the time you start your purchase. You can just plan your system at a block level.
Thanks. If I get through closing in time this spring I MIGHT get fill and pilings in before the rainy season... then there's a chance I am ordering materials in the spring and setting things between rainstorms next summer. Still, I agree 100%. I am looking at what is best now and just scoping and budgeting.

Wow, lots of variables here with your schedule and timeframe, but let us know how it goes when you do order and good luck!

I'm in the US interested in a grid tied system. My local power company specifies:

"The system and associated inverters must be certified by a national testing laboratory, conforming to UL1741/IEEE 1547 specifications for grid tied systems"

While Rosen does not say that their equipment have UL or IEEE certification they do list other certifications for their equipment.

Does anyone know if equipment certified by a lab in one country would also meet the standards of the other labs for this type of equipment?

@FJoeC2 - You should start a new thread for this since it is a new topic.
I would suspect that devices tested to UL1741/IEEE 1547 would be valid regardless of where the test was done, but that is a good topic for the new thread.

@FJoeC2 - You should start a new thread for this since it is a new topic.
I would suspect that devices tested to UL1741/IEEE 1547 would be valid regardless of where the test was done, but that is a good topic for the new thread
My concern is if I install Rosen gear that is certified by CE that my power company will not allow me to hook up to the grid because it is not certified to comply with UL1741 or IEEE1547. Does anyone have experience with Rosen gear installed in US (Virginia) to suggest that it's a no go if not UL or IEEEE certified.

@FJoeC2 as far as I know, Rosen is just a reseller for inverters (from photos, it looks like they do some solar panel manufacturing), so you will need to look at the documentation for the inverter that you are considering and make sure they are UL1741/IEEE1547 listed and get the proper certification necessary for the power company. From the other posts on here from people in the USA, you may be better off purchasing from a reseller in the USA since you would be looking at some large import tariffs due to anti-dumping laws.

Back