diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

Wow, can you give us more info on your tax and duty free letter under your visa program
very specific to retiring in Belize... and for personal goods in the first year. Qualified Retiree Program. I cannot have any business dealings in Belize or with Belizeans other than as a user of services, have to inject hard currency into the banking system annually, and get a year of tax/duty free imports of certain goods and a new car/truck every three years T&D free... Once the house is built the cash burden is about what a couple hitting restaurants and drinking moderately needs to enjoy the place, so not a bad deal if you qualify, but not a business loophole.

I bought 2 inverters. I am wanting to buy 2 more along with a bunch of the Rosen powerwalls. My contact from there told me the price for the inverters are now $3100 vs $2050. I also can’t find anyone around my area (Chicago) to hook any of it up.
How is the quality?

Yes just finished,
I have had some set up issues but Rosen are on hand with advice .
1 x battery would not charge over 49% , but after changing a few settings is now at 99%
I am just going to the site to reset the comms cables but it is producing a lot of power
That's great - I know it's been a long road for you. Hopefully resetting the comms cables gets you 100% up and running.

The commissioning issue is probably based on the fact that there are 28 x 400 watt panels with nothing to do !
When I isolate the panels the 3x 200 ah batteries run the few tools that are being used in the house build and have yet to drop under 90 %charged .
I am running heaters to try to introduce some load but its not enough to stop the system shutting down .
When the panels are off it runs fine .
I guess the build has to be finished and the house up and running to make a full assessment.

Are the batteries reaching 100% charged and disconnecting? If so, then you need to have the inverter communicating with the batteries to stop charging when they are 100% charged to avoid the disconnect. There should be either an RS-485 or CAN connection (typically uses an Ethernet style RJ45 connector) between the batteries and the inverter.

If you can't get the communication to work correctly, then you at least need to set the inverters to stop charging at the maximum cell voltage. If these are 16S battery packs and 3.2V cells, then the maximum voltage should be 16 * 3.65V = 58.4V. The specifications for the battery pack should list that.

Are the batteries reaching 100% charged and disconnecting? If so, then you need to have the inverter communicating with the batteries to stop charging when they are 100% charged to avoid the disconnect. There should be either an RS-485 or CAN connection (typically uses an Ethernet style RJ45 connector) between the batteries and the inverter.

If you can't get the communication to work correctly, then you at least need to set the inverters to stop charging at the maximum cell voltage. If these are 16S battery packs and 3.2V cells, then the maximum voltage should be 16 * 3.65V = 58.4V. The specifications for the battery pack should list that.
To get to this stage I removed all the rs/ can cables . Now they are reconnected. I set the max voltage down to 52 , it reached 51.6 and off it went! Original settings are 56.4 .I am putting in DC breakers so I can isolate a string if needed , but as I said , no power draw means the batteries are not being used solar runs the few needs. So until we start running the house I can isolate PV and run on the batteries and " exercise " them ?

Looks like you have a couple of threads going for the debug of these issues. I'll take a look at those and reply there. May just be a balancing issue.

salut,

J'ai commandé mon spf5000es GROWATT, 10KW ROSEN SOLAR BATTERY, combinateur box, système de fixation pour mes 6 panneaux solaires CANADIAN SOLAR HIKU5 ( 490wc) chez ROSEN SOLAR en juin 2021.
j'ai fait l'installation moi moi-même.

J'ai été aidé par Josie et Gary de ROSEN SOLAR tout le long de l'installation, pour s'assurer que tout est fait dans les normes de ROSEN.

WhatsApp est très pratique pour être efficace.
le système permet d'alimenter une famille de 4 personnes. L'application Shinephone de GROWATT me permet de suivre en temps réel l'efficacité du système.

Je recommande ROSEN SOLAR à 100%.

Jérôme

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-212257_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20220517-212257_ShinePhone.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220516-221117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220516-221117_Chrome.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220515_192104.jpg
    20220515_192104.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220515_125340.jpg
    20220515_125340.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 24
salut,

J'ai commandé mon spf5000es GROWATT, 10KW ROSEN SOLAR BATTERY, combinateur box, système de fixation pour mes 6 panneaux solaires CANADIAN SOLAR HIKU5 ( 490wc) chez ROSEN SOLAR en juin 2021.
j'ai fait l'installation moi moi-même.

J'ai été aidé par Josie et Gary de ROSEN SOLAR tout le long de l'installation, pour s'assurer que tout est fait dans les normes de ROSEN.

WhatsApp est très pratique pour être efficace.
le système permet d'alimenter une famille de 4 personnes. L'application Shinephone de GROWATT me permet de suivre en temps réel l'efficacité du système.

Je recommande ROSEN SOLAR à 100%.

Jérôme

combien vous avez paye pour cette Rosen Powerwalll ?

Back