diy solar

diy solar

Router

I have a Cradlepoint router I've used for years to bridge backup LTE Internet to Ethernet for the home network, I like Cradlepoint for that. Do you only need wireless on the LAN side or full copper Ethernet to bridge to a physical LAN network?

Cradlepoint has models you can put a SIM card into directly, and some which can take a USB LTE dongle too.. Some are dual WAN so you can plug in multiple providers, and things like that.

I don't know if Cradlepoint is still the hot $hit today, as I had been more into this research several years ago, maybe there are better devices out today for bridging LTE to your LAN or whatever.

The latest one I still have looks something like this:

It's in the storage unit now since I sold the last house so I can't go check to see what model it is again. I used a Verizon LTE USB dongle on mine (didn't buy the SIM snap-on extension module for the side of it)...

For quick wireless LTE router, I just use my iPhone for emergency quick Internet access on a laptop, but for permanent Ethernet connection, I loved the Cradlepoints...

Last edited:
Back