diy solar

diy solar

Roypow lifepo4 golf cart batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adjake

Does anyone have any experience with roy pow drop in 51v golf cart batteries

I have two on order, stuck in a shipping container somewhere at the moment. My intention: use two 160 ah in parallel for my 46' sailboat I plan to go offshore with. I have a mpp lv 5048 I am also installing.

The price point can't be touched by anything I've been able to find so far, unless you build your own. These come with 5 year warranty which also sold me. But who knows, don't know much about Roypow, and so it's still a bit of a gamble. I'll be the guiney pig and update here.

Currently researching a safe way to parallel these, I am thinking a mosfet / ideal diodes for each battery plus a redundant inline fuse. Anybody reading this that might have a link or two for diodes that can handle 48 volts + 200 or so amps, let me know! I've read in a forum called buggiesgonewild that the max discharge rate is actually at 200 or so amps which is perfect for the lv5048 which supposedly can do 10,000 watts for 5 seconds for surge /start up of electric motors. I don't know if the BMS can handle that much output, so I may go the route of a solenoid and bypass the BMS for loads, but not sure yet. (I'm planning on having the smallest dive compressor i can find, plus running an electric oven and stove on 240 volts)

I've reached out to the seller from eBay (apex golf carts -biigmo) and he said they are not designed to be paralleled, hence why I am looking to do the diodes and fuse in case there is a voltage difference that would cause an overcurrent situation.

I've also sent measages to Roypow directly to find out what kind of BMS they use, and to verify that they can't be installed Parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back