diy solar

diy solar

Rules Clarification

LithiumSolar

Solar Enthusiast
Am I permitted to post my own videos here? Does that classify as "advertising" and "self-promotion" or is that rule directed at commercial businesses?

The Rules said:
Advertising is not allowed. Affiliate links, self promotion, spam etc, will result in a permanent ban and your IP address will be listed. It is ok to post basic links to products you like, but if we find that you are a shill, you will be banned.

In the context of this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/welded-posts.38413/ was going to drop the video there, but unsure if that is "spam" lol. Thanks.

If you benefit financially by any links you provide, it is prohibited.

On a side note, I do enjoy watching your videos, I linked your Batrium CORE BMS video when it came out and use it for a guide on setting up my system that is in progress.

I was hoping to have a response from one of the moderators - @Supervstech is the response above correct in that a video view is "benefiting financially" lol? Another example is this post -

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was hoping to have a response from one of the moderators - @Supervstech is the response above correct in that a video view is "benefiting financially" lol? Another example is this post -

Thanks.
As long as the video addresses a posted question, I think it's allowed.
Starting a thread to draw interest to a video you have made is not ok, but I'm sure Will would make exceptions for a quality video that addresses some issue of importance.

It might be best to send a link to the video to a moderator/admin ahead of time and request permission to post it.

But I doubt posting a link to a video that explains a problem solution on an established thread would be objected.

As long as the video addresses a posted question, I think it's allowed.
Starting a thread to draw interest to a video you have made is not ok, but I'm sure Will would make exceptions for a quality video that addresses some issue of importance.

It might be best to send a link to the video to a moderator/admin ahead of time and request permission to post it.

But I doubt posting a link to a video that explains a problem solution on an established thread would be objected.

Thanks for clarifying, I was wondering the same thing, and didn't want to get banned for sharing my videos.

Back