diy solar

diy solar

Run a 302AH with a 24v Overkill BMS?

Verify the YT voltage settings are exactly the same for cut off, cell balance start, full charge etc.
This is a interesting fact, I wanne check this as well.
Here on the pictures attached, normally should it look like this. I made a picture from a video.

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_011140_471.jpg
    IMG_20210524_011140_471.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210524_011135_311.jpg
    IMG_20210524_011135_311.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2
I suspect your BMS cut off charging because one cell hit the cell high voltage limit. That stopped all the other cells from charging.

I'm wondering if the cell color issue has something to do with the version of the app. I vaguely recall my cells being green in the old version 1015. I could be wrong.

First you need to solve your delta problem. With your lowest cell voltage at 3.339 and your highest cell voltage at 3.648 there is no way you are fully charging the battery. My guess is you are only charging to apx. 85% capacity. You need to fix that then fully cycle the battery. The BMS counts cycles every time you pull 224ah's. from the battery.

Yes sure that was just charge up the Battery-pack in series to top balance the rest with a bench charger in parallel my new 48v pack. But yes you have right.

But my 24v bank is top balanced and has the same thing, go to green bar with 3.5v from there discharge a minute and jump back to yellow.
Did you verify your cells voltages with a DVM to see if it matches the readings on your BMS like I suggested?
Yes it is.
I don't believe that's an issue. Some of us have never seen green bars and like I said I haven't charged more than 3.385 volts since I updated
Okay, hmm, I try some things tomorrow, will let you know what's happened. Thank you.

I suspect your BMS cut off charging because one cell hit the cell high voltage limit. That stopped all the other cells from charging.

I'm wondering if the cell color issue has something to do with the version of the app. I vaguely recall my cells being green in the old version 1015. I could be wrong.
Maybe the new app has a color bug. I clearly remember the bars on the older app were green. I like the newer app so much better I am not going back to the old one.

Yes, true.
Yes sure that was just charge up the Battery-pack in series to top balance the rest with a bench charger in parallel my new 48v pack. But yes you have right.

But my 24v bank is top balanced and has the same thing, go to green bar with 3.5v from there discharge a minute and jump back to yellow.

That would explain much.
Gazoo text me a similar thing. .... "I don't believe that's an issue. Some of us have never seen green bars and like I said I haven't charged more than 3.385 volts since I updated the app."

Good, will try out tomorrow some things. Will let you know if I solved the issue.
Thanks all together! :)

I noticed if I go to the screen that displays only the cells bars they are still yellow. When I go back to the main screen the bars are green for a tiny second. I think it's a bug. Maybe it will be fixed in the next version. Also it might not effect all android devices and the android version might have something to do with it as well.

Hello all together.

I want to say thank you for all your help again. Since couple month I could figure out all the issues and my system runs now great and correct. And yes the yellow bars in the BMS software seems like a bug.

Appreciate guys.

Back