diy solar

diy solar

Runnin hot 14.6ish

I’m not sure which wiring instructions your referring to but again. Not to be used with mttp is enough for me.

The ones you linked.

1619911688287.png

Again, there are ways to connect this unit to a MPPT that would seem correct, but is a bad idea. It's telling you to connect to battery. The load ports are the battery. You technically aren't connecting it to the MPPT because there is no MPPT function on the load ports. You are just connecting to the battery at a different location.

as far as switch. if I didn’t want to fry anything above 14volts at least that is some protection.

You used the word "regulate." That is not the case. It just turn the load ports on and off according to the limits assigned. There is no voltage regulation going on, nor can you output 12V on a 24/48V MPPT.

Will call it a draw and fight another day : )

I respect your creative use of "draw," but I don't share your definition. :)

I really hope you don't have an item on your to-do list that says, "prove snoobler wrong today." Surely you have better ways to spend your time. :p

My original post of what to do at 14.6 has been answered as the default settings of this Victron Load output is set to a high of 14v. Whether the Load then turns off as you suggest or just holds at 14v is yet to be confirmed.

also, with further research I found that you can regulate Load output with the the Steetlight function. Setting up “Dimming” parameters. In example 100% / 50%
output.

so this Charger is a little more smart than just a “power in/ power out - period!” As you had alluded to. I like it!

Your understanding is incomplete. The streetlight feature requires the Tx port to be configured as a PWM controller. It then outputs a PWM duty cycle signal to a compatible LED controller. In order to get this feature, you need a separate compatible "regulator" for powering the LED lights. The LED controller then takes the TX signal and regulates the output to the LED lights for dimming.

Again, the load ports are ALWAYS at battery voltage unless they are switched off.

Well, as I said in the beginning, I’d rather not argue with you.
I could tell from the get get go you are the type of personality that is always right.

A bit scary for that type of personality as a Moderator.
You seem like a nice guy and I hate to beat you up, but there is so much wrong with your replies…

1. "Load ports get battery voltage. Period."
Incorrect as we have confirmed by having high and low switch settings and dimming parameters.

2. Your Linked solution:
https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-Automatic-Converter-Regulator-Waterproof/dp/B08KZPXK63
3. "There is no issue with hooking the regulator to the charge controller in the manner we've discussed. For each component they list, there is a way you do not want to hook this unit to them.”
4. “I read the description at the time as well. The bold WIRING instructions exactly describe connection to the load ports. One could improperly connect the unit to any of those devices, but that's not the case in this conversation. We are literally following their wiring directions."

This is a golf cart battery to battery regulator. It states Never connect to Solar or Wind equipment! Then BS about hooking up mention in the manner we discussed. We never discussed any manner???
Then more BS more about the listing having BOLD Wiring instruction was an out an out lie to save face. The only wiring instruction diagram on the listing shows battery to battery.
Then your latest BS about oh ya, but then that Battery goes to the Charge Controller. There is NO Charge Controller in the diagram. This Regulator is never to be used with Solar or Wind equipment. Get it?

5. "Like Amazon reviews are particularly reliable. There's 1 review on my model, and it's completely false.”

So, I should not listen to hundreds of reviews on line of people who have bought and used the equipment and should just listen to you? A guy who doesn’t even have the Model we are talking about.

I could go on about your blow off comments, but Like I say you seem like a nice guy.
I would think this is a Forum to learn where ever the information comes from and not the Snobbler Show / My way or the Highway. Not even one inclining of respect for any info I dug up.

So, there ya go. I really think you need to chillax. Not worry about someone trying to prove you wrong. iTS NOT A COMPETITION.
But I'm done.

I find that those taking your "personality" position are often describing themselves. I routinely pass on many questions on this site because... I don't know the answer. I know when I'm ignorant on something, and I defer to others. I readily admit when I'm wrong. The only mistake that I made was assuming you knew how load ports worked. I was wrong.

The issue here is you think you understand something when you don't actually understand something.

Victron load ports will either read battery voltage or 0V when disabled. There are no exceptions. The streetlight function doesn't change this.

You don't understand that there are reasons that one might want to connect that regulator in the wrong way trying to accomplish something else; however, if you read the Q&A, that question is asked, and two responders indicate yes. Additionally, the wiring instructions indicate to connect the source to battery - that's exactly what you're doing with the SCC load ports - connecting the regulator to the battery. The seller is making a blanket statement to protect themselves and not addressing the specifics. You don't understand it enough to know the difference.

Load ports on all SCC are just the battery terminals at a different location with the added features of being able to turn them on and off based on certain criteria.

Well I hope you have insurance!
Telling people to use something that the manufacturer strictly states you cannot.

I saw you try to push that regulator down others throughs on other Forums.

good day to you Dude!

Well I hope you have insurance!

Don't need it.

Telling people to use something that the manufacturer strictly states you cannot.

They actually don't. They tell you to connect it to the battery, and the load ports are just a different attach point to the battery.

I saw you try to push that regulator down others throughs on other Forums.

I prefer the term "recommend". You'd be surprised how many people on this site use that or a similar unit to get 12V completely independent of any recommendation I made. Will has similar units on his blueprints.

good day to you Dude!

Thanks. You have a great day too.

You should be barred from speaking on here.

you have absolutely no clue and could care less if there are fires and deaths because you “recommend” to hook up something the manufacturer states never to do, just so you yourself are not proven wrong.

thats just bizarre Dude. Grow up.

Back