diy solar

diy solar

Running a long wire

So would wiring in a GCCI outlet means I don't need to replace the breaker because this sounds by far the easiest and simplest option?
No. I’d prefer the GFCI main breaker myself.

But at 2400W you could use a 20A GFCI outlet. Then you wire 10ga between AIO and the GFCI and then feed a 30A RV socket on the protected side of the GFCI or hardwired to the panel.

I think that is an ITE / Sylvania box? I’m pretty sure an electrical supply house will have or can get a GFCI breaker; I’d do that. Kill all power to be safe, pull the main breaker, bring to electrical supply house.

You may have noticed you do have a converter. This may be part of your too-quick battery depletion issue. You should eliminate the converter.
You don’t need it with the AIO. But then you do have 12V distribution as well- and you will not be able to - or should not - use it for 24V. That’s the only ‘trouble’ in an RV with 24V solar. If you’re not using the 12V and you say there’s no furnace this may be a non-issue. CD150778-8EB8-428E-8252-4B5B50ED89E0.jpeg
1] Breaker Panel
2] 12V converter/charger
3] 12V distribution/fuses

Thank you again for your input!
No. I’d prefer the GFCI main breaker myself.

But at 2400W you could use a 20A GFCI outlet. Then you wire 10ga between AIO and the GFCI and then feed a 30A RV socket on the protected side of the GFCI or hardwired to the panel.
Alright then I suppose if possible I'll go with the breaker, besides none of the GFCI outlets I could find would fit my RV plug but I didn't look particularly hard.
I think that is an ITE / Sylvania box? I’m pretty sure an electrical supply house will have or can get a GFCI breaker; I’d do that. Kill all power to be safe, pull the main breaker, bring to electrical supply house.
I'm not entirely sure as it's in a very awkward space, I took a video of it trying to find out more about it that could help better identify it which I've linked here:
You may have noticed you do have a converter. This may be part of your too-quick battery depletion issue. You should eliminate the converter.
You don’t need it with the AIO. But then you do have 12V distribution as well- and you will not be able to - or should not - use it for 24V. That’s the only ‘trouble’ in an RV with 24V solar. If you’re not using the 12V and you say there’s no furnace this may be a non-issue.
Currently, nothing's hooked up to the RV's power system, when I was using the solar power system we just used an extension cord for the all-in-one as we only had enough power to realistically run a TV and a DVD player. I'll need to figure out how to remove that converter but it's hard to find out how to remove it since I'm not currently there, as for the 12v distribution I don't think that will be an issue since I believe it only goes to the overhead AC/Heater which we don't plan to be using as we plan for a woodstove in the winter and a smaller more electric friendly window AC in the summer.
1] Breaker Panel

2] 12V converter/charger
3] 12V distribution/fuses
That all seems right, my main question at this point is what wire do you think I should go with? The Duplex or the Triplex?

besides none of the GFCI outlets I could find would fit my RV plug but I didn't look particularly hard.
Yes. The GFCI outlet merely provides GFCI protection. Then a nema-(can’t remember the number) socket is installed after that.

But the breaker would be better.
I'll need to figure out how to remove that converter
I think it might be ‘plugged in’ to an outlet. Unplugging is free and quick.
what wire do you think I should go with? The Duplex or the Triplex?
I would bury. I’d probably choose to use a cable with three conductors. Easier now than digging up later

Also
VOC is a hard number. Don't go over it without expecting damage.
Voltage drop (due to long runs) doesn't affect VOC.
Voltage drop happens, when the load is applied.
That’s a good point about load / no load and voc / drop …I had forgotten ..thanks.. J.

Back