diy solar

diy solar

Running EG4 3000EHV-48 w/o PV or AC input

Logando

Okay, so this may seem like an odd one:

I’d like to build an off the grid system for a sprinter van conversion using the following:
  • EG4 3000EHV-48
  • EG4 LiFePOWER4 100Ah 48V battery
  • Nations 48v 100Ah 5.5kW Alternator (secondary) with Wakespeed regulator to charge house bank
  • AC output distribution to fixtures
  • 48V to 12V convertor
  • DC output distribution to fixtures
But here’s the rub, this is not going to have solar input or AC/Shore input (although that may be an upgrade later).

Can I run this EG4 all in one solar inverter charger this way without issues?

I’d like to use the EG4 system because of the overall value and plug-n-play simplicity but because there’s a huge dual alternator system to charge the house batteries there’s no need for the PV and because we want to stay off grid (and save money) there’s no need for AC input. The dual alternator system has a regulator and there will be a 125A or 150A fuse between it and the battery and will not interact/connect with the EG4 inverter charger as it will be connected directly to the batteries. In terms of the AC and DC distribution, I’m certain of what I’m doing there and will spare the rest of those details as they’re not what I’m trying to figure out.

I realize it’s meant to have the additional power input but as I said, we’re going for the value and simplicity but are only going to charge the house with the dual alternator system.

Thanks my dudes

I'm in the process of setting up my EG4 3kW splitphase system. Don't have grid input or panels yet but have started them up from battery for testing and they ran without issue.

I'm in the process of setting up my EG4 3kW splitphase system. Don't have grid input or panels yet but have started them up from battery for testing and they ran without issue.
That’s good to know. Thanks!

Back