diy solar

diy solar

RV 24V system New

If you are going to do classic parralel top balance then 3.65 volts.
If you are going to do let the bms do it then...
Set the charge voltage to 3.4 volts per cell and .1 c and let it charge until either a cell trips or the amperage goes to 0.
Configure the bms to only balance on charge and only at or above 3.4 volts.
When the cells converge within ~25 millivolts you can increase the charge voltage in 100 millivolt increments to get to your target charge voltage.
What is your target voltage?
Do you intend to use float, if so what float voltage are planning for?
What is your rebulk voltage target?
Hi . I don’t think i can set the BMS so looking to do parallel top balance.
Looking to buy a charger. Suggestions ?
As for the rest. I was planning on letting the solar charger look after them. Good or bad ??

Here are a few threads to review when looking for a power supply for top balancing:

Here are a few threads to review when looking for a power supply for top balancing:

Hi, hope I'm not to dumb. Can i use this as my onboard charger ?
Also as mine are the 280ah units. What is the maximum charge rate.
Reason for question. Is it possible to connect to street car charging points for quick charge. Just random thought.

Hi, hope I'm not to dumb. Can i use this as my onboard charger ?
Also as mine are the 280ah units. What is the maximum charge rate.
Reason for question. Is it possible to connect to street car charging points for quick charge. Just random thought.

The power supply in your link would work for top balancing the cells to 3.65 volts. You probably would not use it on a permanent basis for charging the battery to 14.x volts. It might be used infrequently to do that.

I've used my benchtop power supply for a couple other projects. Otherwise, it sits on my shelf. If you can borrow one, it will save you a few bucks.

The power supply in your link would work for top balancing the cells to 3.65 volts. You probably would not use it on a permanent basis for charging the battery to 14.x volts. It might be used infrequently to do that.

I've used my benchtop power supply for a couple other projects. Otherwise, it sits on my shelf. If you can borrow one, it will save you a few bucks.
I hope not to need to use mains but you never know. Wouldn't leave it unattended. Would be purely a backup

Back