diy solar

diy solar

RV away for the summer

chrisski

Solar Boondocker
I put my RV away for the summer. Will take it out in October. Arizona is different and RV‘ing season is opposite of most of the country.

I did enjoy putting the 1350 watts of panels on top.

6D44A024-C59E-48EC-BC19-C0F6054AE98B.jpeg

? I’m in SE Az and I just removed the LiFePos from my cargo conversion. Summer Desert heat is heating up the interior to where the batteries get to an unhealthy temp especially inside a black trailer. So I’m summarizing also?
Come on September ?

3349684B-98FD-4FFC-AA8D-92C4C32ACB6F.png0E820967-0052-4A00-8F84-A1DC8AE437A7.jpegDC3D7FA1-F87E-4DD6-8D06-FA990BDA73B3.jpeg

This is my first summer with the large FLA batteries and am debating taking them out of the trailer to store them in the garage. Only difference is if in the garage it will be slightly cooler, but on a trickle charge as compared to disconnected In side the Trailer. Those batteries are heavy and I think they will stay in the trailer for the summer.

This is my first summer with the large FLA batteries and am debating taking them out of the trailer to store them in the garage. Only difference is if in the garage it will be slightly cooler, but on a trickle charge as compared to disconnected In side the Trailer. Those batteries are heavy and I think they will stay in the trailer for the summer.

Sounds like a solar powered trickle charger project for summer?

Sounds like a solar powered trickle charger project for summer?
The SCC would be fine for a trickle charger. My Trojans say if not used, they ought to be disconnected rather than trickle charge. I’ll check them in a month and see the status. I’m leaking them disconnected until them and I will go heck on them.

Go north young man! I'm headed to MT this weekend for a week. Unfortunately, I'm going lower in elevation, so it's likely to be even hotter than where I'm at in CO.

Do you anything on the panels through the cover? When I had a single panel, I considered buying a cover and then cutting out a section for the panel.

I use the pool noodles and tape them on the four corners of the panels with blue masking tape.

I talked to someone who put a cover on panels and the glass did well. Just have to watch out for corners tearing through and that’s what pool noodles are for.

I wish I could head north but work keeps me here.

Back