diy solar

diy solar

RV/Cabin 24v System all in one system question

You're talking about a 2s/2p setup, and it's a viable option if you have shading issues but the more voltage a MPPT controller has to work with (within its range) the longer the controller can provide usable amperage to the batteries. You would get higher amperage spikes from going in parallel but it would be for shorter times whereas going in series tends to give you lower amperage over a much longer time period and can produce that power even if you're not getting perfect direct sun.

Do you know the basics of how an MPPT controller works vs a PWM? I ask because it's one of those things that so many of us didn't quite have our heads wrapped around but once you get the gist the whole series vs parallel makes a LOT more sense.

Thanks Rednecktek, I basically know nothing. Planning to set up solar on my daughter's bus-to-rv conversion. Figured that all-in-one system would be easier for me due to my lack of knowledge.

Know of a good thread, or vid, that explains the pros and cons of series vs parallel, and combinations of? Do we want to always parallel as many as possible if considerable shading is a concern? Do mppt controlers mitigate shading? What about micro-inverters? etc..

Back