diy solar

diy solar

Rv project for a new guy..

That's what I did. I didn't realize you mean the aluminum sign board. Go heavy on that caulking. I attached my flexibles to sign board with sikaflex, the edges didn't have enough are started to peel away. I had to tape over the solar panel edges to keep them from catching wind while driving.
You better go scrape that stuff off and buy some "real" panels. Don't you know those are going to fail before the glue dries.. ?

You better go scrape that stuff off and buy some "real" panels. Don't you know those are going to fail before the glue dries.. ?
That'll be the guy who I sell it to's problem :D

I think most flexible panel failures are because someone mounted it directly to their roof and just cooked the thing in hot arizona sun

That'll be the guy who I sell it to's problem :D

I think most flexible panel failures are because someone mounted it directly to their roof and just cooked the thing in hot arizona sun
I may slide through the south west, but If I do it will be winter. I hate the heat here in the Midwest let alone the desert in summer. Although, when its hot here, the humidity is usually darn near the same as the temperature..

Back