diy solar

diy solar

RV Renovation, The beginning of a new life

Bart

I purchased this RV 1988 "American by Cobra" for very little about three months ago and have been working on the powertrain its in great condition with only 36,000 miles on it but the interior had had several leaks over the years and all the wood had dry rotted :unsure:. I'm going to post regular updates as I feel this can help some people, I will be installing a 3000w 48v Growatt all in one inverter, with four 24V 100ah lithium-ion with a 1000 watts of solar.

At this point I have finished rebuilding the framework of the RV ceiling, floor, walls and insulation installed and all the mechanical work on the RV itself. I pulled out all the electrical system from the RV and will replace the whole thing. I have at this point purchased a Frigidaire fridge, Frigidaire 5000 btu AC, Frigidaire microwave, LED 1.8v watt lights Growatt inverter 1000 watts of solar panels by Rich Solar, 4000w inverter generator and new propane hot water system and many more parts.

I just finished changing all the exterior lights to LED, the floor is now complete and I have finish the ceiling as well. Next summer I'm moving to an off grid property in Wyoming and this is where I'll stay until the cabin is completed. I am restoring all the windows at this time and will be redoing the roof and painting the exterior as soon as I get the windows back in.

At that point I'll start doing all the new plumbing and electrical and will post detail pictures as I build the solar system for this vehicle.

I hope you all enjoy the information that I will provide over the coming months.

Bart

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0593.jpg