diy solar

diy solar

RV Roof Panels

It's not something I've done. I had to think about it. My only concern there is that the Dicor would act as a lubricant on the threads, possibly allowing the screw to back out. Yes, the Dicor is sticky, but without exposure to air, I'm not sure it would cure well. I dunno, maybe it's sticky enough that it would act like glue instead.
Trouble is Dicor lap sealant never fully cures. It does skim over to air on the outside but remains pliable underneath. That is why you need to reapply over time and RV manufactures tell you to check your roof seams every 90 days.. Over time Dicor on horizontal surfaces flattens out and get so thin it splits open. It is not if it is when.... That said, putting it in the hole fills the void to help keep water out as does packing with butle tape.

Dicor is it lay metal down drill hole or starter hole pick metal up put blob of dicor put metal down then screw it down will never leak. Dicor is the best.
yes anything you seal with dicor will leak over time. Dicor always stays pliable. On vertical surfaces it will sag, on horizontal it will flatten out and ultimately split open as it gets thin. That is why RV manufacturers require all seams and joints to be checked every 90 days and dicor touched up on a regular basis. Don't ask me how I know this. :)

When you buy other things that are to be installed on rv roof will come with these directions .

Looks like agreement........
Butyl/eternabond to bed the joint.........
Follow up with a nice flowing dicor self levelling over screw heads and around all the edges, check other spots on the roof while your at it.
I always drill pilot holes for screws-stops a lot of the splintering you get when going into the "beaver barf" that passes as plywood....
I would never put an attachment to my EPDM that wasn't square to the substrate....

I just saw SanTan solar had a sale going on for their Snail Trail 250w each for $33 and change ? i could easily fit 28 panels on the pole barn next to me...

Damnit... lol

Back