diy solar

diy solar

RV Solar Suitcase - How Much Will MPPT Improve Output?

Really! Tell me more.
Did you have the IQ4 option? According to IOTA - I contacted their tech support - they said 'no', not with the IQ4 built in - that's what I have.

Tech support knows nothing other than what's in the instruction manual.

As I mentioned, there's a pot on the Iota circuit board. Adjust it to modify boost voltage from 14.7V to 14.4V. Float voltage will drop to about 13.3V.

You can also control the IQ4 with a small signal relay. IQ4 has 4 wires: Black, Red, Yellow, Green. Open the green wire via a relay, and the converter will go to Float output (13.3V). My BMS controls this relay. When the battery is full the BMS opens this relay.

soldered at the factory. They did a decent job, but the crimp tabs were pretty loaded with solder. I didn't want to heat them up too much
FYI another method to use in future if ever it comes up: drill a hole in the tab, bend wire into hole and back around twisting over where wire goes into the hole. Solder. (Of course you need a tad longer stripped wire section)
The 14ga wire: probably “adequate” for the amps
another Tracer mppt - the 10A ones are pretty cheap, like $58 or something.
Find that on your doorstep soon. Wire the panels series. Problem solved!
I think the 'equalization mode' done every 28 days is also a no-no for LifePo4 - way too high of voltage for those.
That would be something to confirm. Equalize can be a 16V+ kick making that an expensive 30 days of battery use

I might shy away from Beg Bartery. Some recent uncalled for combative stuff posted somewhere left me feeling like they’re not trustworthy or very customer centric

Back