diy solar

diy solar

RV ToyHauler solar system schematic

It is certainly not the correct way to do it, you created the infamous ground loop. The hot, neutral and ground should be terminated at the breaker box only.

One more question. Is there a problem with the way the receptacle in the red circle is grounded? Will it cause any issues?
Why do you want to do that?

You already run cables from the main panel, just add the ground lead.

It looks like that it will work, but if any of the connections on the way to the ground fail - you are potentially creating a hazard.

It looks like that it will work, but if any of the connections on the way to the ground fail - you are potentially creating a hazard.
I ran it that way before I knew any better. :rolleyes: I will redo that circuit and run a dedicated ground line back to the panel.

It was already done, but I will fix it tomorrow with a dedicated ground back to the panel. I want to thank all who are helping me here.

I ran it that way before I knew any better. :rolleyes: I will redo that circuit and run a dedicated ground line back to the panel.
Happens ;) thanks for being receptive.

all good, I've been a electrician once upon a time and had to dig into generations of electrical work.

What you connected was OK a few decades ago. But these days with cheaper wires the Code usually specifies going directly from the panel to the outlet without any junctions. Since especially in an RV any connection could rattle lose over time. So you want to reduce your chances of error.

Back