diy solar

diy solar

RYOBI 24V Tool/Battery... Convert to 18V One+ Battery

Chris Nafis

Who knew that RYOBI made 24V Tools and Batteries! Apparently they only made a Weed Wacker and Hedge Trimmer. Hopefully you don't own one because they discontinued the 24V line and you can't find replacement batteries for them.
My friend picked up a 24V Weed Trimmer at a garage sale. The two batteries showed one bar, but they wouldn't take a charge. I took the batteries apart and several 18650 cells were dead. You can pick up a new RYOBI 18V weed trimmer for $79 at Home Depot, so it wasn't worth putting too much money into this.
I was curious if you could run a 24V tool off an 18V ONE+ battery. I turned one of the battery cases into an adapter and connected it to one of my 3D printer 18V One+ battery adapters. It works fine!

Who knew that RYOBI made 24V Tools and Batteries! Apparently they only made a Weed Wacker and Hedge Trimmer. Hopefully you don't own one because they discontinued the 24V line and you can't find replacement batteries for them.
My friend picked up a 24V Weed Trimmer at a garage sale. The two batteries showed one bar, but they wouldn't take a charge. I took the batteries apart and several 18650 cells were dead. You can pick up a new RYOBI 18V weed trimmer for $79 at Home Depot, so it wasn't worth putting too much money into this.
I was curious if you could run a 24V tool off an 18V ONE+ battery. I turned one of the battery cases into an adapter and connected it to one of my 3D printer 18V One+ battery adapters. It works fine!
LLT power also sells the PCB boards for various power tools, I imagine with a 3D printer you could make custom tool batteries pretty easily.

Back