diy solar

diy solar

Ryobi Inverter Question

GeorgiaOnSitePower

I have a question about the Ryobi inverters that maybe someone can lead me to a better solution. My 1600 watt array has been in use for almost 2 years now and I have produced 2.2MW's worth of power, powering up a large upright freezer fridge combo, a deep freezer and some extra load through charged batteries. I am trying to get the system to where it will produce it's full potential.

To get more power usage through this system I used 4 X 6AH batteries in parallel going to a constant load of 55 watts through the Ryobi 150W inverter. The 4 batteries will last just a hair over 4 hours. I tried 1 battery and it would power the load for 1 hour. So the wattage on the 6AH battery is 108 watts and this inverter is robbing half of this power from the battery. Is this common for the inverter to use this much power, or is there a solution to using a different, more efficient inverter?

I looked on the web and the only thing I see is products from overseas, but there is no info on the efficiencies etc. Would I be better off configuring the batteries in series for 36V?

Back