diy solar

diy solar

Safety Question RE: Growatt SPF 5000 ES

dsdc

Just trying to build a system w/o a battery with the Growatt SPF 5000 ES I got. I do not quite feel comfortable wiring my own outlet yet, so is it safe to buy a 10/3 outdoor extension cord, cut that in half, strip the ends a bit and install and use them as the AC input and output?

That unit is the EU spec 230VAC/50Hz. Was that your intent?
Ah, thanks for pointing that out... I also noticed in the manual, it talks about configurability to 230, 240 volts as well as 50,60 hz mode. I initially thought I can just run a 120v plug off the outputs, but it sounds like that won't be possible without getting a transformer?

That's right. Check out David Poz and Will Prouse on YouTube. They put out some very good videos on the Growatt SPF 5000 es.
I just purchased a system today based roughly on David Poz's build.

Signature sells them as a kit:

Ah... found it:

Just trying to build a system w/o a battery with the Growatt SPF 5000 ES I got. I do not quite feel comfortable wiring my own outlet yet, so is it safe to buy a 10/3 outdoor extension cord, cut that in half, strip the ends a bit and install and use them as the AC input and output?
Read through this forum for grounding issues to take into consideration with the mid-point transformer.

Back