Sahara Dust

Brewman

Solar Addict
Anyone seeing any effects from the dust? Sky is real milky here in S Fla.

MrNatural22

🌞SW sunshine =⚡️⚡️lit up thru the darkness✌️
The dust hasn't made it out west yet. What we are seeing is smoke from rampant wild fires burning in the western US from the southern border to Canada. Arizona is having a scary beginning to this years fire season due to lack of rainfall, dry lightning strikes in the mountains and too many careless acts by the public.

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
I noticed it yesterday, doesn't seem to have affected production much, probably less than a % overall for me, but my panels are flat (no tilt). I posted numbers here.

D

Deleted member 165

The dust hasn't made it out west yet. What we are seeing is smoke from rampant wild fires burning in the western US from the southern border to Canada. Arizona is having a scary beginning to this years fire season due to lack of rainfall, dry lightning strikes in the mountains and too many careless acts by the public.

And careless acts by the government. They need to ban fireworks already. Just saw another fire on the news started by drunk morons.

alfaeric

Solar Enthusiast
Anyone seeing any effects from the dust? Sky is real milky here in S Fla.
So one thing to note- that dust is really irritating for your lungs- my wife was sick with a cough for over month a year ago after spending a week in Puerto Rico in July. And the dust this year is worse than last year.

Based on the sky there, I'm sure it had an impact on peak numbers. But not sure if the nominal amount was that much down.

BoloMKXXVIII

Fully Charged
So one thing to note- that dust is really irritating for your lungs- my wife was sick with a cough for over month a year ago after spending a week in Puerto Rico in July. And the dust this year is worse than last year.

Based on the sky there, I'm sure it had an impact on peak numbers. But not sure if the nominal amount was that much down.
We should all be wearing masks outside anyways due to COVID-19.

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else