diy solar

diy solar

Same Ah but different BMS OUTPUT.

Angacam The Hobbit

I have a lifepo4 batt it's 200 ah and the BMS can do 200 ah output from LI Times. My question is can I add a second lifepo4 battery 200 ah batts but the BMS has a max of 100 ah.
My inverter is 2000 watts output.
My max load is around 1000 watts.
If I hook up the inverter to the battery with the lower amp out put would that be best.

Thanks

Both batteries are 200Ah capacity and one BMS is rated for 200A continuous current while the other is rated for 100A continuous current? Using correct units is important with regard to technical discussions.
Assuming your system is 12V, a 2000W inverter could draw up to about 200A. Your max load is only going to be 1000W which would require about 100Amps total [(1000W/12V) x 1.2] = 100A. The factor or 1.2 is to account for inefficiencies.

If wired properly with low impedence cables and terminals, each battery will supply half the current or 50A at full load. That is well within the ranges of both BMS's.

The system is 12vts, can I hook the batts in parallel Or attack each batt directly To the inverter??

If I hook up each batt Directly to the inverter on their own wires, how do I hook up the charge controller to the batts which would be on their own circuit??.

Thanks

If the Pos and Neg terminals on the Inverter have enough clearance for 2 battery connections that would work. The charge controller wires could also be attached to the Inverter terminals if there is enough space and enough thread to stack all 3.

Option 2: Connect the charge controller Pos and Neg wires to a small bus bar and then take a separate Pos and Neg wire from the bus bar to each of the 2 batteries.

Thanks. I can hook up 2 batt cables to inverter and I can hook up scc output to bus bars and then attach from bus bars to batts. This will work for me. Thanks.

Question I just thought of, can I attach a second scc to the bus bars when or If I add extra panels to increase the power to the batts at this same junction point in the bus bars??
Thanks

As far as I know its common practice to use 2 or more SCC's on a battery or battery bank and they don't have to necessarily be the same brand. That said, the SCC's chosen need to have a user specified settings menu so both controllers are set up to charge at the same voltage. I'm not an expert since I have grid-tied, AC coupled systems with no charge controllers.

Back