diy solar

diy solar

Samlex 2000 12v inverter question PST-2000-12

Merl Priester

I am wanting to install this in a travel trailer to the main breaker panel. I am planning on using an automatic switch (go power ts-30).

It has a 30 amp service. I understand that the UL458 standard calls for the neutral and ground to bond when off grid, But does this mean the neutral is a true 0 volts or am I going to get 60v on the neutral-ground and 60v on the hot leg. I cannot find if this unit has a true 120 v hot and 0v neutral.

If I cannot do this trough the panel I will wire the microwave direct to the inverter. I only really needed the micro anyway but I did want the outlets hot also.

Thanks for any experience on this. Not wanting to fry anyone on an unsafe grounding situation.

Good choice for a standalone inverter IMHO....
from the Samlex manual....indicates neutral and ground are bonded, no 60v to worry about.

8.5.1 Bonding of AC Output Neutral to Chassis Ground
The Neutral slots of the NEMA5-20R GFCI Duplex Receptacles (5, Fig 6.1) and neutral termi-
nal for hardwiring (16, Fig 6.1) are internally bonded to the metal chassis of the inverter.

You will need a method of disconnecting the charge portion of the existing power centre/charger when inverting.

The converter is on it own breaker in the fuse panel. I thank you for the information. The inverter will be here in a few days. I will go over the manual in detail then.

Back