diy solar

diy solar

SAMSUNG SDI94 lithium ion NEW, 94AH 3.7V - high quality cells, need tap or solder

matt2006

DIY Solar since 2016
Got these cells with soldered up to some high voltage system.

Removed the solder and tried to tap the cells and failed.

You may be able to tap with a larger bolt (tried with M6) and get it working, or use solder/weld.

Interested in offers

I have 17 cells with mostly 1 tap not done right
And 28 more cells if someone is interested in bulk orders.

Attachments

• signal-2022-07-01-210626_002.jpeg
    signal-2022-07-01-210626_002.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 37
  • signal-2022-07-01-210626_001.jpeg
    signal-2022-07-01-210626_001.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAGE - SAMSUNG SDI94 cells, NMC lithium ion prismatic.jpg
    IMAGE - SAMSUNG SDI94 cells, NMC lithium ion prismatic.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 36
How much do you want for them? Are they new or used? I need a about seven for a project I'm working on.

Are you willing to ship them? Thanks, Rick

Last edited:
There is a guy in San Jose that sells these cells. I visited his shop last fall. He was using a cheap drill press to drill and tap these very cells. If you are in the Bay area, he may be interested in taking them off your hands.

I was able to find laser welded SDI cells with studs. Had to get them shipped in by sea freight, because I was leery of drilling and tapping these cells.

FWIW, these cells have great specs, good cycle life, great charge/discharge characteristics. If you're trying to steer away from Chinese manufacturing, Samsung SDI are a great alternative.

There is a guy in San Jose that sells these cells. I visited his shop last fall. He was using a cheap drill press to drill and tap these very cells. If you are in the Bay area, he may be interested in taking them off your hands.

I was able to find laser welded SDI cells with studs. Had to get them shipped in by sea freight, because I was leery of drilling and tapping these cells.

FWIW, these cells have great specs, good cycle life, great charge/discharge characteristics. If you're trying to steer away from Chinese manufacturing, Samsung SDI are a great alternative.
Do you possibly have contact info for the guy in San Jose or his store name/website?

Back