diy solar

diy solar

samung modules

$133/kwh

$395/kWh

$833/kWh

Math checks out. Not sure I'd use it as a DIY power wall, but if you need an atypical 24V battery (these are usually 7S, not 8), this would work.

It's VERY limited on current though. 5A in or out means you can only charge or discharge at about 120W.

$133/kwh

$395/kWh

$833/kWh

Math checks out. Not sure I'd use it as a DIY power wall, but if you need an atypical 24V battery (these are usually 7S, not 8), this would work.

It's VERY limited on current though. 5A in or out means you can only charge or discharge at about 120W.
you right. no wonder not sold out. lol

18650 cells are pretty puny. You have to parallel a bunch to be able to move current, and even when you do, there is a notable disparity in discharge/charge. Not sure why those are the same... bet they shouldn't be. It's often something around 5:1 discharge:charge.

Datasheet for those cells says 2:1:

So, one could possibly pull 15A out and put 7.5A in. The 5A might be a BMS or a CYA limitation.

nevermind. I just saw the output leads... that's dental floss gauge.

Last edited:
The Samsung 8S3P 18650 packs did sell out. I almost bought a couple for an e-bike battery, but at just 5 amps per cell, they just don't have enough grunt. 6P would work, but that starts to add up.

If I was designing my system right now, these look pretty good.

Series parallel 4 of these for a solid 12 KWH for just $1,100 plus shipping.

Back