diy solar

diy solar

Sanity Check ~13kw System Build, Storage Requirements, Growatt 12kw?

The LV6548 stays on backorder. If that's the route you go, be sure to leave yourself 45-60 days lead time provided the supply chain doesn't deteriorate any further.
Mine shipped out of Watt247 the other day. Scheduled to be here tomorrow. Ian told me the units had been waiting at LA port for over 30 days. Ordered Nov 22nd.

Mine shipped out of Watt247 the other day. Scheduled to be here tomorrow. Ian told me the units had been waiting at LA port for over 30 days. Ordered Nov 22nd.
Are these new LV6548 units labeled UL 1741

Thanks so much for your response. I guess that would only utilize a smaller count of panels than I was planning to buy... I'm in NW Missouri, so I'm not sure if that would give me enough juice to supply 43kwh per day. If I'm doing the math right, the 30 panels would provide 7000watts (at best) and assuming 4.7 hours per day I'd get about 33kwh per day from the array. I'm not sure if I'm calculating that correctly.
If that's the case, can anyone recommend a different all-in-one inverter that might accept a higher input?
Only one I know of is the Sol-ark12k. It accepts 12kw of solar. They even have a sizing tool on their webpage. Plus they stack parallel.

We average 43KWh / day in the winter and 52KWh / day in the summer.
How are you measuring this? I use EyeDro, 14Kwh per day in my house on average, max 23 Kwh. 43Kwh sure sounds high, even with electric hot water and electric oven. Have you ever looked into what is consuming the majority of power?

How are you measuring this? I use EyeDro, 14Kwh per day in my house on average, max 23 Kwh. 43Kwh sure sounds high, even with electric hot water and electric oven. Have you ever looked into what is consuming the majority of power?
That's what my power bill says. We have gas HWH and furnace and stove.

Nice. I am trying to decide which units I want to go with, so I am looking for build threads to get ideas.

the 12kw can be rebuilt easily and tends to last longer, the spare boards cost $300
-drawback is no stacking capacity and efficiency of 88%
-a second charge controller would be needed $399 for 120A 7kw 250vdc

That's what my power bill says. We have gas HWH and furnace and stove.
I think I would get a monitor and see what it says. That amount of usage with those gas appliances is very high. What is the local ambient temp?

Reducing load is always cheaper than building a system to handle a large load.

LOL! Already been doing that. I have been looking for existing setups to see what is working. Most of these units are so new (relatively speaking) that there isn't much install videos.
might look here also. i bought from here. so far so good.

LoL ... I wonder if "Confirms" is supposed to be Conforms
The TUV-us is the important one. Basically, many companies are certifying outside UL, usually it comes down to cost or those reviewing it have different opinions.

Are these new LV6548 units labeled UL 1741
It doesn't help. They are supposedly compliant (they cannot get the spelling on the label correct, it seems) but that isn't the same as listed. If the jurisdiction requires listing, it won't fly. A very important point is to find out what year NEC is adopted in your area. The new 2020 code eliminates most units on the market from contention. Almost, if not all DIY batteries too, plus the vast majority of assembled batteries coming from China.

It doesn't help. They are supposedly compliant (they cannot get the spelling on the label correct, it seems) but that isn't the same as listed. If the jurisdiction requires listing, it won't fly. A very important point is to find out what year NEC is adopted in your area. The new 2020 code eliminates most units on the market from contention. Almost, if not all DIY batteries too, plus the vast majority of assembled batteries coming from China.
Yeah I'm thinking somebody somewhere does not want Localized DIY off grid and battery supplemented builds.

Now who could it be that has the NEC in their back pocket

Back