diy solar

diy solar

SBMS0 EXT IOx conditions

Refinished

Shocked and Amused
Has anyone figured out the full logic that drives the 'on' and 'off' of the SBMS0 EXTIOx on this BMS? Specifically, I am interested in the Type 1 (HVD) and 2 (LVD) conditions. The other types seem straight forward.

I dived into the source code, which seems well organized, but I was not able to answer my own question. Dacian's comments on his own board give clues though I have not been able to piece it all together. The state of CFET and DFET play a role, but it seems there are other conditions, probably using the flags on the status page, that drive the EXT IOs.

Basically, I am trying to understand the relationship between the values in Advanced Parameter Settings, any static thresholds, and the effect on Type 1 and Type 2 EXT IOs.

@FilterGuy, I noticed that you were active in discussions with Dacian on this topic. Did you figure this out? Thanks!

@FilterGuy, I noticed that you were active in discussions with Dacian on this topic. Did you figure this out? Thanks!
I tried to sort it out into a table, but Dacian *really* objected to it. I then found some errors in my table so I gave up trying to sort it out. Sorry.

I tried to sort it out into a table, but Dacian *really* objected to it. I then found some errors in my table so I gave up trying to sort it out. Sorry.
I noticed the objection and that's why I didn't post a question there. Not sure why he'd be apprehensive to address that. I'm not too comfortable not knowing how my failsafes fail safely.

I noticed the objection and that's why I didn't post a question there. Not sure why he'd be apprehensive to address that. I'm not too comfortable not knowing how my failsafes fail safely.
Dacian seems to have a different approach to documentation than a lot of DIYers. His documentation tends to tell the user what to do but does not delve into how the product works. I can't say his approach is wrong, but it sure doesn't align with my style.

Dacian seems to have a different approach to documentation than a lot of DIYers. His documentation tends to tell the user what to do but does not delve into how the product works. I can't say his approach is wrong, but it sure doesn't align with my style.
His code style is fairly straight forward, but I can't find the portion of code that references parameter values and sets the flags. C written for hardware is well outside my experience.

Back