diy solar

diy solar

SBU - Battery charging

Lost_One

Hello,

I understand that S-B-U would be how these AIO unit will provide power to the loads in the priority of Solar, Battery then Utility. Question I have is, assuming that the battery is within the settings allowing to charge, and the sun is out, how is the battery charged? I would think that if your load is less then the solar power generated, it would charge the battery. However, what if the load is greater then the power produced by the panels? Will utility take over, or just supplement the load and the charging? Does it matter what AIO that is used? I am looking at the Growatt, MPP and EG4. ( I assume these are same programming )

In SBU mode
Solar produces what it can. If it produces more than needed for the load, the remainder goes into the battery. If it produces less than needed for the load, the remainder is pulled from the battery.
When battery SOC goes below the set limit, it switches to bypass mode. And the load is powered by the utility. Solar can still charge the battery, if available.

In SBU mode
Solar produces what it can. If it produces more than needed for the load, the remainder goes into the battery. If it produces less than needed for the load, the remainder is pulled from the battery.
When battery SOC goes below the set limit, it switches to bypass mode. And the load is powered by the utility. Solar can still charge the battery, if available.
This is a great explanation, thank you.

Back