diy solar

diy solar

scalability of LifePO4, an insane® battery pack.

It is more often than not, the Most Painful / Expensive lessons are what it takes to Learn before leaping. Most of us burn our hands on the stove only ONCE but a few have to do it 2 or even 3 times before getting it. There have been Many Years of Experience & Lessons learned (all at great expense too) shared on here.

Impatience, the Instant Rice Society Metality IS NOT for THIS ! Patience is a requirement along with Due Diligence.

@3.74 there is No Damage BUT get it down to below 3.650 quickly, it will self discharge anyway but may take time and that's not good.
Always PRESET the voltage at the connectors BEFORE attaching to cells (single or string) for Top Balancing.

Patience grasshopper.
It is more often than not, the Most Painful / Expensive lessons are what it takes to Learn before leaping. Most of us burn our hands on the stove only ONCE but a few have to do it 2 or even 3 times before getting it. There have been Many Years of Experience & Lessons learned (all at great expense too) shared on here.

Impatience, the Instant Rice Society Metality IS NOT for THIS ! Patience is a requirement along with Due Diligence.

@3.74 there is No Damage BUT get it down to below 3.650 quickly, it will self discharge anyway but may take time and that's not good.
Always PRESET the voltage at the connectors BEFORE attaching to cells (single or string) for Top Balancing.
wise words indeed.

I am afraid it's in my nature to bang into walls ;(

my brain hurts ;(

I am running a cap test on the aforementioned cell and the beginner friendly tester Will suggested seems not too beginner friendly ;(

I mean whicht reading am I supoosed to trust? My mmeter at 3.31V or that tester at 2.77V?
1639864281658.png
or of course none of those as I am doing it completely wrong as usual ;(

Anyone please?

i think it must be the aligator clips then because I used 10mm2 wires, since your suggestion to up the diam, so I do not expect a noticeable voltage drop there.

Depends on where you measure. You probably have a large voltage drop over the cables and because of those alligator clips.
Yup it's confirmed now. The tester got accidentally disconnected but went on after reconnecting. So I figured to also change the connectors.

Now the tester is displaying much higher volt readings. Problem solved ;)

WOW, after having ran the test (non continuously) for +33hrs I have reached 280 Ah on the aforementioned cell with 3.04V left.

If got 15 more cell to either test or just assume they are all the same grade.

Back to this cell. Do we want to know how much Ah is in there when hitting 2.55V?

Now lets get back to the more insane aspect of it all.

If I get 125(-16 as I already got them) of the same cells than that would mean a 400V pack if connected in series with a 280Ah capacity.

Is there a real world use case in where that is needed? Or could one better stay at 48V, and have many packs in parallel, and then invert to 3 phase loads if/when needed?

Back