diy solar

diy solar

scalability of LifePO4, an insane® battery pack.

@wattmatters I owe you an apology so it seems. This forum is messing with time so it seemed I reacted early on your reaction thus I was in somewhat of on chat fibe. I got set straight by one of the admins and I think rightfully so.

I still am looking forward to that result you were referring to.

when I do search I get shit..
Then you need better google foo.

There are lots of 400V systems. It's common. Maybe not LiFePO4 so much but 400V battery systems are common. LG RESU is a 400V home battery system for instance.

If you want to be adult you would have researched what was involved with such a thing, post your findings here and then get considered input rather than lazily throwing out the latest though bubble which comes into your head.

I'm done. Good luck with your projects.

yup I managed to mess up again. I finally have all the 16 cells at 3.65 V but I blew up this capacity tester that Will mentioned in one of his video's.
Time is running out as I have only 14 days left to open a dispute if the capacity is no good.

Can anyone please recommend a DIY capacity test for a 16S setup that is rather quick?

Sourcing a bms, charger and "whatnot" would be a challenge
A sensible charge current would be 112 amps
Using the entire electrical capacity of a modern north American house(200 amps@240VAC service), you could charge the battery in ~6 hours
The heat by-product assuming 90% efficiency would be equivalent to 6.666666667 heat guns running full blast
there are BMS models that can be daisy chained, so no prob here.
The danger is rather the high voltage, yeah already 50V is dangerous

Back