diy solar

diy solar

SCC not charging batteries

Hi all. I have a EVEVER Tracer10415AN 100amp SCC, 2x 250amh flooded batteries and 8x 150w, 12v panels

For some reason the SCC is only transfering .5amps to the battery causing them to drain and causing the inverter to sound the alarm.
I have checked all connections with a multimeter and everything seems to be fine. I'd really appreciate anyone's advice on this.

How are all 8 panels connected?
Are you running 12V or 24V setup?
Hey Bud thanks for your reply. The panels are wired in parallel, and the set up is 12v. Do you the SCC is overkill?
Yes I am planning on expanding the array and battery bank but for now I just want to get the darn thing working :)

If your inverter is sounding the alarm on 500ah of flooded lead, you'd be best off charging them NOW.

I assume that with that much capacity at stake, you have some form of external charge other than solar. Letting them sit around after an inverter has warned you at it's dead-man alarm/switch, is killing them as we speak. Get your SCC fixed or figured out asap.

If your inverter is sounding the alarm on 500ah of flooded lead, you'd be best off charging them NOW.

I assume that with that much capacity at stake, you have some form of external charge other than solar. Letting them sit around after an inverter has warned you at it's dead-man alarm/switch, is killing them as we speak. Get your SCC fixed or figured out asap.
I've reinstalled my old 30amp SCC and detached 4 of the panels to make sure the batteries are being charged.

Back