diy solar

diy solar

SCC over discharge error

philmace81

my PWM SCC is connected to my bus, my battery and inverter each have their own disconnects, but in a fully off grid scenario everything is on. As loads are applied the system voltage appears to drop, although when the load is taken away the voltage pops back to normal. when this happens the SCC gives an error for excessive battery discharge. I'm not too concerned about the error, I'm more concerned that the SCC might not apply enough charge because it is confused about the arrangement.
part of the problem is that the SCC has a set of "Load" terminals and thinks that load from the batteries should be coming out of there. I don't really feel like an SCC that is built to handle 150 amps, to fully feed my 3500 watt inverter, so I like my setup the way it is.
Question is: should i adjust my Overdischarge Voltage or the Overdischarge Return Voltage to something else so that it doesn't think this is a problem? I understand there would be risks associated with that, but this is only between the SCC and the battery, I can add a shunt to the line to the inverter to protect that limit.

Definitely don't feed the inverter from the load port. Load port is just for 12V loads definitely below the scc load limit.

Those settings should only impact the load port, not charging.

Big voltage drops may indicate excessive load for the battery, loose connections, insufficient wire gauge or high resistance through fuses or breakers.

Back